Unhappy with new forum setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since I can't give experience, I'm going to post my agreement. With all of the D&D Next threads flooding the forum, I'm inclined not to even look at the forum because it takes too much time weeding out which thread belongs to which edition and such.

As discussed in the Meta forum, you can avoid tags you don't like. Click on a tag and it'll filter out the other tags.

Unfortunately, there doesn't yet seem to be an option to only exclude a few tags. (Eg for myself, I would probably filter out anything that isn't general D&D, 3e, Pathfinder or 4e.)

Libramarian

Adventurer
You'll get used to it.

I know that sounds dismissive, but yeah.

It just feels like spam because there's a whack of new threads you've never seen before. But obviously they're not actually new, you just haven't seen them because you weren't hanging around those forums. Once you get used to these threads, you won't have the "AHHH SPAM" feeling again, because from this point forward new threads will be trickle in normally.

Libramarian

Adventurer
Unfortunately, there doesn't yet seem to be an option to only exclude a few tags. (Eg for myself, I would probably filter out anything that isn't general D&D, 3e, Pathfinder or 4e.)
There are only two threads on the first page that have one of early edition tags you want to exclude.

Psion

Adventurer
As discussed in the Meta forum, you can avoid tags you don't like. Click on a tag and it'll filter out the other tags.

Exactly. Tags are a suboptimal solution. If you had a check-box setup where you could just filter out specific tags, then it would be workable.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
The tags are sub-optimal.

The tags for Next, 4e, 2nd, and Pathfinder, are all text on a white background. They should have different colors so they pop easier.

Also: the forum should have a dynamic post filtering option that you can access on the fly from the top of the page. Just click some check boxes to include, rather than exclude everything other than one tag.

I would still like next to get it's own sub-forum. It's not even technically a game yet, and it seems to be weeding out everything else right now.

Sammael

Adventurer
And, just as I thought, there is no way to filter the new forum in Tapatalk. Until the situation is remedied, I am done with ENW.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Mattachine

Adventurer
What's Tapatalk?

Anyway, the tags solution is good for those of us who only want one set of threads.

For those that read two or three, clicking a tag is similar to switching forums under the old system. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases