The Walking Dead 3.1 "Seed"

NewJeffCT

First Post
Wow - excellent episode last night. Some intense zombie fighting, and you can tell that the group is much more adept at killing walkers now. A couple of big surprises at the end. For those who missed it - they skipped ahead several months, as Lori is now 8 months or so pregnant.

For those who didn't know - in the comics
it's Dale who got the amputation following the zombie bite, not Hershel.

Not enough of Andrea & Michonne in this episode - no explanation of where they are and how they got there, or how Andrea got sick.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Huge step up from last season.

agreed, but we'll have to see if they keep it up. Last year, the first episode was good, but we got about 1.5 to 2 episodes of material over the next four episodes, and then a good midseason finale with Barnageddon/Sophia.

Then, the second half of the season started off a bit slow as well, but (IMHO), picked up a lot the last 3 episodes, with a good finale in Farmageddon.

Comic book speculation below:
I wonder if the missing comic book character Tyreese will be in Woodbury, or one of the prisoners, if he's in the show this season at all? In the comics, he showed up before they got to Hershel's farm and well before Michonne. If you do a freeze frame on the prisoners, one of them could be Tyreese (a guy who had a cup of coffee in the NFL)... similarly, in a preview, there was a large guy in the shadows that could have been Tyreese as well.

Krug

Newshound
Yeah pretty good action-packed start. I was thinking they should have tried luring out the zombies.. I mean, walkers.. into the open first before going in to clearing it out, but I guess it's more dramatic to go in with guns blazing.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Yeah pretty good action-packed start. I was thinking they should have tried luring out the zombies.. I mean, walkers.. into the open first before going in to clearing it out, but I guess it's more dramatic to go in with guns blazing.

Not sure, but maybe they were worried about luring out too many walkers and them being overwhelmed out in the open. In tighter spaces, the 5 members of the zombie attack squad can limit the number of zombies against them.

(just a guess)

Spatula

Explorer
surprised there wasn't more talk about a hit show.
Wait until one of the characters does something bone-headed. :) Like, er, their trip into the twisty halls that was all organized until the second they ran into some walkers. I thought drawing the arrows on the walls was pretty clever, but of course they all panicked and ignored the arrows and got split up. Poor Herschel... Now who's gonna teach the group how to farm?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases