Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I'm assuming that Yellow Sash and the two Black Rivers men are being brought along. Also, what is being done with the body of Vaal Zeshon? Is anyone taking it or are you leaving it for Mister Fortune to deal with (he wasn't, after all, more than a business associate). Standard Imperial funeral customs are a cremation, standard Llaza Thievestown burial customs are to be dumped in the harbour.

GlassEye

Adventurer
At the Catfish (?)

Blue steps forward and bows respectfully to Master Fortune. "Sir, we regret the disturbance to your place of business. The gentleman was a new business associate and I, for one, barely knew him. Would it be too much to ask to leave the body in your care for funeral arrangements? We will remove this other business from your establishment immediately if we can do so."

In private discussion.

"I am not sure I care to get involved in this other matter. Nor do I like the idea of making enemies of unscrupulous men with the wherewithal to summon demons, minor though it might have been. It seems none of this had anything to do with our business; I for one still intend to seek out the jade. Getting involved in some sort of war with a criminal society seems... unwise."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 24 Current: 24
CMB: +3 CMD: 14 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: none
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
At the Catfish (?)

Blue steps forward and bows respectfully to Master Fortune. "Sir, we regret the disturbance to your place of business. The gentleman was a new business associate and I, for one, barely knew him. Would it be too much to ask to leave the body in your care for funeral arrangements? We will remove this other business from your establishment immediately if we can do so."

Fortune returns the bow, although not as deeply.

"I'd be happy to do so," he says, and glances at the palu devil, still pinned to one of the wooden uprights of the Catfish. "Just leave me that thing as well. I was thinking of having it stuffed as an attraction."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
In private

"Hm, truly it would, but we'll have to dispose of these thugs then. If they tell their bosses about the events at the tavern, we might not get to choose whether we'll get or not involved with the Black River."

Falkus

Explorer
In Private

Sil raised an eyebrow, as she checked her claws. "I, too, favour seeking out the Jade rather than making yet another enemy. And dispose of them? Will it truly matter? There were many witnesses, too many, to our little altercation. I suspect the Black River will find out about our involvement with or without them."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mal's bass voice rumbles from the corner of the front room of Hang's dwelling, where the group had gathered a few minutes before. He'd been thinking . . .

"It seems to me that the involvement of the Black River is inevitable. Their actions aboard the Catfish have me thinking that they either want the Jade for themselves, or seek to deny others from attaining it. Or both. If the target of each of us is to obtain some portion of the Jade for ourselves, I believe the Black River is a strong cross wind that must be accounted for."

[sblock=Stat Block]Malachite the Unfettered
Male DaQan Fighter (Archer) 1
CN Medium Outsider (native)
Init +3; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 18, touch 13, flat-footed 15 (+4 armor, +3 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 23 (1d10+1)
Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Greataxe +4 (1d12+4/x3) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Cestus +4 (1d4+3/19-20/x2)
Ranged Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d10+3/19-20/x2)
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 16, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 17 (18 vs. Bull Rush, 18 vs. Drag)
Feats Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Traits Armor Expert, Rich Parents
Skills Climb +7, Survival +4, Swim +7
Languages Edraldi, Low Imperial, Thell
SQ Stone in the Blood, Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day)
Combat Gear Darkwood Thell Longbow (Str +3), Greataxe, Dagger, Dagger, Cestus, Arrows (40), Blunt arrows (20), Masterwork Chain shirt; Other Gear Backpack, masterwork (10 @ 23 lbs), Bedroll, Belt pouch (2 @ 1 lbs), Flint and steel, Grappling hook, Hammock, Silk rope, Torch (2), Trail rations (4), Whetstone, Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs), Wrist sheath, spring loaded (1 @ 1 lbs)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Dagger - 0/1
Dagger - 0/1
Arrows - 0/40
Blunt arrows - 0/20
Torch - 0/2
Trail rations - 0/4
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) - 0/1
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Armor Expert -1 Armor check penalty.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into combat.
Stone in the Blood Gain fast healing 2 for one round anytime you are subject to acid damage.
Treacherous Earth (1 minutes) (1/day) Transform a 10-ft. radius patch of earth into difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"If I may?" says a nervous voice. Yellow Sash hovers at the edge of the room, glancing nervously to the second chamber where the Black Rivers men are currently stashed. "Those men were after me. A little misunderstanding about some money, which I was looking after for them. A little investment scheme, you see. It wasn't my fault it went wrong. I was just about to win it back for them, but..." He looks awkward. "Well, see, they're probably going to do bad things to me if you just let us all go. You seem like capable people and I've got some money of my own, how about I hire you as bodyguards. I heard you mention jade, and I can help you there if you need somewhere to sell it, or if you need someone to appraise it for you, make sure it's genuine. If there's one thing I do know, it's a scam."

He gives what he hopes is an endearing smile.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue sighs and frowns at Yellow Sash's comments.

"Yes, well, we will need to deal with the Black River in some fashion, I suppose. I would rather not make them enemies but I've said that once already and there's no need to be saying it again." He frowns as he regards Yellow Sash. "I'm afraid taking your employ will also give us your troubles. Perhaps we should see what the Black River has to say about the matter. We talk to them maybe I can get a read on their intentions."

Shaman Spells
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Yellow Sash raises his hands.

"Of course, of course," he says. "You think about it, that's fine. Truth be told I couldn't afford all of your services anyway, but you, Sir," he bows towards Hang, "show great prowess, as do you," a bow towards Mal. "That bowshot was most impressive. I would be happy to employ either one of you as sole bodyguard."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue shrugs. If one of these others wants to take the job of being a bodyguard to Yellow Sash then that's their business and not his. He'll go to the other room where the Society men are being held.

Shaman Spells