[ooc] He Chained Their Minds

VanderLegion

First Post
Oooh, while I'm at it, how much fire damage would I take per turn if I were to hover IN the fire? And would it hurt someone else if they tried to attack me while Iw as there or give me partial cover or concealment or something (blend in since I have my own fiery corona?)

The darkness does, in fact, suppress the dim light, since the darkness is magical. As for the camp-fire... well, you would have to be literally standing in the fire on the ground (altitude 0), because it is only a small thing (just enough to keep the group warm when close to it) in order to get burned by it (1d6 damage to any creature that enters the fire's square or starts its turn in the fire). At altitude 1 (1 square above the fire) the damage is reduced to 1d4 to any creature one square above the fire square (entering or starting their turn there).

The meager amount of smoke would not grant any concealment.

VanderLegion

First Post
I'm not asking about the smoke concealing me, I mean actually being in the flames since I'm surrounded by a fire aura to blend in. I have 5 fire resist, so if that were the case and/or someone attacking me got hurt by the fire, it might be worth it. Being at altitude 0 to stand in the fire isn't a problem. I could argue that my dim light I emit would be magical as well, but I see no problem with the darkness being stronger than my meager magical fire aura :).

Ahh, I see. You want to actually stand IN the fire... just don't roll a 6 on damage and you're immune ;) As far as something attacking you from outside of the fire square... no damage dealt there, but if you can find a way to get something into the square with you, there you go. Your fire aura does not provide you with any concealment while in the fire, as it does not actually alter your character's appearance. If you had a power that caused your body to turn into flames, on the other hand... I would consider it, but not just a fire aura. The aura blends in... you don't.

VanderLegion

First Post
Ahh, I see. You want to actually stand IN the fire... just don't roll a 6 on damage and you're immune ;) As far as something attacking you from outside of the fire square... no damage dealt there, but if you can find a way to get something into the square with you, there you go. Your fire aura does not provide you with any concealment while in the fire, as it does not actually alter your character's appearance. If you had a power that caused your body to turn into flames, on the other hand... I would consider it, but not just a fire aura. The aura blends in... you don't.

Works for me. It was worth a shot at least :)

Question: Was the power Kane was hit with a Psychic, Charm or Fear power? If so I would like to use Psychic Interference: Immediate Reaction: Time Keeper takes 10 psychic dmg

The Step Out Of Time power does not have the Psychic, Charm, or Fear keywords, so no need for Kane to use Psychic Interference.

OOC: Edit: Also, because of the hit with Burning Brand, the next time RC1 is hit by an attack before the start of my next turn he and nay of my enemies adjacent to him take 7 fire damage. Out of curiosity, does Flurry count as a separate attack to trigger that damage or is it considered part of the original attack?

Also, I moved past SS1 and I'm assuming it has a way to see in the dark (or else the darkness aura would be a bad idea for it) so I'm assuming it gets an OA. Just remember I have partial concealment for it.

Edit2: Actually, I think the crit should have actually done 22 damage, for a total of 36 for the turn. Looking at my power blocks, I think I forgot either the iron armbands of power or my magical weapon. Should be +8 damage on the attacks (4 from modifier, 2 from armbands, 2 from ki focus), not +6 like I have on em all.

Flurry is a separate attack, which does trigger that damage. As such, (and I love this on my Gray character who is also a Desert Wind monk) Blistering Flourish gives Flurry of Blows that +Cha bonus to damage...and for two turns no less!

So I generally suggest the following turn sequence:
turn 1) Blistering Flourish + Flurry;
turn 2) Burning Brand + Flurry.

That will net you a disgusting 3 x cha EXTRA fire damage from the 2 flurries and Burning Brand attack. And that doesn't even take into account if you have the 2nd lvl daily utility that lets you flurry again, or when you get that feat that lets you flurry again on an AP!

Movement away from SS1 does provoke an attack, and nope, concealment doesn't apply... but only because the swarm has blindsight...muahahaha!

VanderLegion

First Post
Well, in that case he and RC2 both take 7 extra damage when I use the flurry. i knew the flurry worked for the damage from Blistering Flourish (Built the monk around that, but couldn't USE BF first this combat since I needed the movement technique from Burning Brand to get in range to attack RC1 and everyone else was inside the darkness). And I do happen to have Supreme Flurry, but I'm saving that for after I actually get to use Blistering Flourish :p

WEContact

First Post
Ugh I tried to register at invisible castle and my password doesn't work, so I told it to reset my password and send it to my email address, and I can't find that email even in my spam folder or archive. What gives? Any suggestions?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases