[ooc] He Chained Their Minds

VanderLegion

First Post
[MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION]: Could I request that you post the link to the map when you post the monsters' turns? Makes it a lot easier to get to it than having to go back and find the post at the start of combat with the link :).

VanderLegion

First Post
I just realized that blistering flourish/desert winds flurry of blows isn't nearly as good of a combo when you're using skipping stone flurry. I'm assuming SSF changes your flurry to be a ranged attack since you're using a sling to hit a target further away, which results in not getting the benefit from blistering flourish (which applies to melee attacks). That kills half of the reason I built the character the way I did :(

WEContact

First Post
Couple things, [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION]

I had 39 hp and 6 temp hp at the beginning of the round. I took 5 damage, then 19 damage, which reduced me to 21 hp, bloodying me and granting me 5 temp hp via Half-Orc Resilience. I took 17 more damage, leaving me with 9 hp. My calculation disagrees with yours so I thought I'd show my work and see if we can figure out what the discrepancy is.

Also I didn't use Swift Charge, so Ignatz was still at P12. That might require reworking last round a little bit?

[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: No problem! will post link to map on monsters turn from now on. Also... it never says anywhere that SSF changes your flurry into a ranged attack. As such...I would treat it like the few effects that allow one to attack in melee from more than one square away. So as long as you're in my games, you can treat SSF as a melee attack, thus gaining the benefit of BF bonus damage.
[MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION]: hrmm... oh... I know what it was! You forgot to take the 3 damage from starting your turn next to the swarm, which immediately dropped your HP to 36 BEFORE you dropped the dwarf and gained the temp hit points. So at that point you had 36 and 6 temp. Then you took 5, dropping it to 36 and 1 temp. Next you took 19 damage, dropping you to 18. Now, at this point you SHOULD have gained the temp hp... but I completely forgot that you had that racial feature. You then took another 17, which took you down to 1 hp. Now, with the addition of the 5 temp hp, you would be a 6. As for reworking the last round... I suppose I could... may take me a while to retrace things back to where they were. When I was writting my post I still saw that you had the swift charge in there, so I think I assumed you used it...

If you really want me to rework the round I will, else we can just push on. I'll leave that up to you and the group, since it could effect their turns.

WEContact

First Post
hrmm... oh... I know what it was! You forgot to take the 3 damage from starting your turn next to the swarm, which immediately dropped your HP to 36 BEFORE you dropped the dwarf and gained the temp hit points. So at that point you had 36 and 6 temp. Then you took 5, dropping it to 36 and 1 temp. Next you took 19 damage, dropping you to 18. Now, at this point you SHOULD have gained the temp hp... but I completely forgot that you had that racial feature. You then took another 17, which took you down to 1 hp. Now, with the addition of the 5 temp hp, you would be a 6. As for reworking the last round... I suppose I could... may take me a while to retrace things back to where they were. When I was writting my post I still saw that you had the swift charge in there, so I think I assumed you used it...

If you really want me to rework the round I will, else we can just push on. I'll leave that up to you and the group, since it could effect their turns.
Ah, gotcha- I didn't count that 3 damage because I thought that Joy had moved the swarms away. Okay, so Ignatz is at 6 hp.

I know it's a hassle, and I hate to ask... but I would like you to rework the round. Strategically it's a big deal, and I did say in this thread that I had decided not to Swift Charge. My computer keeps crashing and I've been working a lot, so I wasn't able to edit my post promptly. Sorry about that.

VanderLegion

First Post
[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: No problem! will post link to map on monsters turn from now on. Also... it never says anywhere that SSF changes your flurry into a ranged attack. As such...I would treat it like the few effects that allow one to attack in melee from more than one square away. So as long as you're in my games, you can treat SSF as a melee attack, thus gaining the benefit of BF bonus damage.

Sweet! I actually thought of that later, but wasn't sure if that would be the case or not, I definitely don't mind that ruling :).

I have no problem redoing the turn.

WEContact

First Post
Looks like [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] doesn't read the OOC thread. :) Good work on the healing though- if Ignatz is in P12 he's still in range of all that healing I think.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Looks like [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION] doesn't read the OOC thread. :) Good work on the healing though- if Ignatz is in P12 he's still in range of all that healing I think.

Oh heck.

Well, if Ignatz was at P12, then that is still within 5 squares and therefore within range for both the inspiring word and the healing from Stand the Fallen.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases