Paizo Blog: NPC Codex Preview #1

P

Paizo

Prepping for a game can sometimes be a chore. You’ve got a plot to develop, monsters and treasure to assign, and NPCs to create. Over the past few years, we’ve given the busy GM plenty of tools to fill out their adventures with a wide variety of monsters and treasure, and now we are giving you everything you need to populate your world with NPCs as well.

Read this article at the Paizo blog.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
For no particular reason I was expecting a book of more generic templates to slot in anywhere and not such particular background/level combinations. The layout is certainly prettier than how I was picturing it (which shouldn't have surprised me based on their other books)! Now I'm wondering how much of it counts as particular campaign based flavor stuff and how much will be on the SRD sites (and how my budget looks).

Last edited:

JeffB

Legend
Yeah this looking more like an amped up Enemies and Allies, which makes it far less useful to me. I would rather see a few named NPCs and then tons of generics ala tbe original Rogues Gallery.

Lord Rasputin

Explorer
I wasn't expecting anything more, which keeps me from being disappointed. I would hope for something more like a book of the complex NPCs from the 3.5 DMG II myself.

Remove ads