This One Goes to . . . Ten [Merged four Oct 29 Playtest Package announcement threads]

VinylTap

First Post
considering the wizard gets a spell he can spam, and a spell he can use every 5 minutes... he's really not doing that bad--especially if he gets extra spells for high I.

If WOTC can really carve out some interesting CS maneuvers for the rogue that provide a much different experience than the fighter, I don't see a problem with it. Its just going to let him use his backstab dice for something other than damage-- that's not a bad thing. It'll all come down to how his abilities work. Hopefully we'll get lots of debuffs. Being able to use them with skills in combat is another great idea, imo.

fba827

Adventurer
(this comment based entirely on what is written here and not on actual rules info)

Rogues getting CS might lead to some interesting combo opportunities (as well as headaches) when Rogue-Fighter multiclassing comes about.

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
in case no one noticed, even though the download page still talks about magic items (at least at the time i am posting this), the document itself is the updated document (with the levels 1-10, etc)

Rune

Once A Fool
in case no one noticed, even though the download page still talks about magic items (at least at the time i am posting this), the document itself is the updated document (with the levels 1-10, etc)

Awesome! Thanks! Downloading now!

fba827

Adventurer
how long are we going to have to wait before they release it? its killing me guys

it's up, they just (at least as of a few minutes ago) haven't changed the main playtest page yet. but if you go to download it, it is the new packet with level 1-10 classes, etc.

No pre-gens, just character creation from level 1-10.

Isle of Dread as the adventure, for levels 1-7.

Many new monsters, including dragons! Although accuracy has not changed.

Revised cleric domains, with many new examples. Five domains, each with a hook and examples of potential gods from D&D and mythology.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases