[Star Wars d20] Saga Edition: Between a Droid and a Vehicle and a Ship

Xakk

First Post
I'm trying to figure out how to build the Vulture droid starfighters from scratch within the rules. The problem is that the rules for building starships, those for building droids, and those for building vehicles don't seem to connect.
In the latter case, I can't even find rules for building or modifying ground vehicles.
In the foremost case, SotG fails to list the included parts in any listed vehicle, making retrofitting/downgrading impossible. And in the middle, I can find neither rules for passengers in/on droids, nor simply those for giving it Starship scale speed.
I think that last one might be the easiest way to go about it, and technically a droid could buy giant spacious storage compartments as passenger holds, but that still leaves the problem of pricing for starship scale fly speed. If only there was a handy formula to convert one to the other.

knightemplar

Explorer
RobShanti posted this on Wizards a couple of years back but here is his take on the starfighter as a CL9

Wookieepedia says the Mark II Advanced Droid Starfighter, the successor of the Mark I, was also capable of walking, though it was much larger and clumsier than the Mark I. Once in space, however, the Advanced Droid Starfighter was faster, more maneuverable, and possessed greatly enhanced firepower than the Mark I. With that in mind, I created these stats (these things are monsters...definitely meant to be pitted against the Jedi pilots of the Clone Wars):

Haor Chall / Xi Char Variable Geometry Self-Propelled Battle Droid (a/k/a “Vulture Droid Starfighter”
wink.gif
, Mark II

(CL 9)
Gargantuan starfighter / Ground Vehicle (walker)
Init +10; Senses Perception +12
Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 13), Fort 26; +7 armor;
hp 120; DR 15; Threshold 46
Immune Droid traits (see Saga Ed. Core Rules, p. 187)
Spd fly 16 sq. (max. velocity 1200 km/h), fly 5 sq. (starship scale)
Ranged laser cannons +12 (+7 Autofire), dam. 5d10x2 or
Ranged concussion missiles +12, dam 9d10x2, 4-square splash
Fighting Space 4x4 or 1 square (starship scale); Cover none
Base Atk +10; Grp +41
Atk Options autofire (laser cannons)
Abilities Str 42 (+16), Dex 17 (+3), Con –, Int 14 (+2)
Skills Initiative +10, Perception +12, Pilot +10, Use Computer +12
Crew 0 (ace); Passengers none
Cargo none; Consumables 2 days; Carried Craft none
Payload 10 concussion missiles (30% chance of carrying 6 concussion missiles and 4 buzz droid missiles instead)
Hyperdrive none
Availability Restricted; Cost 50,000 (12,000 used)

Remove ads