[LPF] Wreck Ashore

Anya expresses her displeasure towards being jabbed at with the creature's pointy stick. At least that's what she seemed to be doing when she unleashed a primal scream, covering the creatures face in spittle before wrenching the axe free of the deck and swinging it into the creature's side.

[sBlock="Actions"]
Enter Rage
Power Attack remaining creature with Greataxe
[/sBlock]

[sblock="Mini Stats"]Anya
AC: 15 (13 R); T12 (10 R); F13 (11 R)
HP: 15/15 (18/18 R)
Acrobatics: +5, Climb: +2 (+4 R), Perception: +5, Survival: +5, Swim +7 (+9 R)
CMB: +4 (+6 R), CMD: 16 (18 R), Fort: +5 (+8 R), Ref: +2, Will +2 (+4 R)

Melee:
Greataxe: +3; 1d12+7; 20/x3; S (+5;1d12+10 R)
Dagger: +3; 1d4+5; 19-20/x2; P/S (+5;1d4+7 R)
Morningstar: +3; 1d8+7; 20/x2; P&B (+5;1d8+10 R)

Ranged:
Dagger: Attack: +3 Damage: 1d4+3, Crit: 19-20/x2, P/S, 10' (1d4+5 R)
Javelin: Attack: +3 Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20x2, P (1d6+5 R)
30' normal, 50' w/Ammentum, 60' w/ thrower, 100' w/ both
10 Wrapped and Carried, 30 Stowed

Combat Feats: Power Attack, Raging Vitality

Condition: Raging

In Hand: Greataxe

Consumables: 1 Waterskin, 1 Trail Rations, 12 Wandermeal[/sblock]

Last edited:

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien jogs over to the battle ground, pulling out his Glaive at the sounds of bloodshed. Observing the fish-like men being slain leaves him disappointed that the action is almost already finished. Stopping next to Ayna, if the fish man is still alive, he will swing the blade of his glaive vertically at it, "Welcome aboard!"

After swinging his weapon, he takes a moment to point out, "There's no way that this is all that it took to stop entire ships!"

[sblock=Combat Actions]Move action to move 30' to L25 drawing weapon during move, Standard attack using Reach weapon.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Winging it. I assume by "Everyone but Galandra is up" and ".....Your Turn in any order......." I can go ahead and describe the actions that I'll take, even if I still need to wait for my initiative.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Anya's strike is true and drops the second boarder in its tracks. It is still breathing until Amien's glaive changes its status from creature to chum.

"Ha ha ha." Captain Ironjaw laughs. "Dat old druid invested well. Skum ain't so easy to skewer. Maybe we will have to looks in to more axes for me boys."

The other sailors on board shrug their shoulders, and return back to watching the sea for more trouble.

[sblock= ooc]I am running this game with group initiative. So, once we get past the surprise round with limited people acting, it should be any one of the group gets to go. If we wait for strict initiative order, it can take hours to a day for each person to act. This way, all the party gets to act within roughly a day. For this fight it was: those who made perception got a surprise round action. (Umralar and Anya). Then I rolled all the inits with dice. The skum got 21, Parinon and Umralar beat that. So, Parinon and Umralar went first. The skum went next, then everybody, which really was "the rest" + "round two for Parinon and Umralar." After that it alternates between Them and You. That is, if the fight ever gets that far. ;) Nine out of ten LPF games run this way because it is quicker and doesn't leave people waiting for days to get their actions in. So, in other words, Yes, it was time for Amien to act.

Bigger fights are ahead. The fights where the sailors get involved will dilute the XP a bit because NPCs are counted in XP division, but allow for more grandiose battles. Your team is also combat heavy, so I will be throwing tougher fights at you.

XP: 2xCR2 = 1200 XP / 6 people (would have been 8 if the two sailors got past flat footed) = 200 XP each
Treasure: 2 tridents, 2 boarding hooks, more due later
I will be updating the first post in a bit.
[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien, since he's right there, idly starts poking at one of the bodies with his boot to see what they have on them. He kicks one of the tridents to the side and declares immediately, "Junk. Sell that.. Or have a crewman use it, I don't care." He then rolls the body under his foot to examine its features, "A troll's mother would find this ugly."

He rests the Glaive over his shoulder, deciding to keep it drawn for the remainder of the night.

solitar

First Post
Parinon walks over and yanks his arrow out of the one he skewered keeping his eyes peeled for any other slime balls that may slither over the edge of the boat.

"I agree, this is not what took out the other ships. Either it was a scouting attempt or there will be more. Keep your eyes peeled." replied Parinon to Amien in agreement.

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Group initiative and first-to-post makes PbP vastly easier and more fun. It makes the difference between one combat round per day and one combat round per three or four days. It does take a little getting used to, but it's way better, and if you don't understand it quite yet, trust in SK, and it will eventually become clear.

Also, if you want your actions to take place after someone else's you can usually specify that in your post, and I think SK is okay with that. (It happens occasionally that you might have to post early in the round because of a vacation or something, but in-game, you don't want to charge the ogre until the cleric has cast Cure Light on you.)[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] xD I'm used to post 5 rounds of actions at a time. If every body was online, we managed to finish the encounter on a single day as it usually a fight doesn't take more than 5 rounds. It does require a little more work from the DM to tweak actions accordingly when a foe was killed or when he deemed necessary for us to rethink our strategy if there was a game changer. Using the map like here would be more complicated.[/sblock]

blackwlf

First Post
Umralar drops his crossbow back to his side and goes back to scanning the distance for more attackers.

Hopefully, by the time more showed up, he would get used to the motion of the ship and be able to adjust his aim for it.

Satin Knights

First Post
The rest of the night is uneventful. By the time dawn has broken, the ship has made its way around the mysterious island and back on its northerly path.

In the morning, the captain and Anya are served venison steak and eggs. The rest of you and the crew get your choice between slightly burnt waffles, rabbit stew or your own provisions. Apparently, the cook has picked up a new waffle iron, but is still getting used to using it. He couldn't afford the fancy, non-stick version. But, well, the food is edible.

WindCrystal

First Post
Even during the morning Amien keeps his Glaive at his side and drawn to easily pick up, because why stop now? He looks up at the cook that lists the limited items, and he is the first, and possibly only one to point over, "But wait, then where did the eggs come from? I can have some of those, right?" Receiving the reaction, he says, "I mean, they don't need to be good eggs. I understand. Just drop one in the stew, it'll be fine!" Catching himself a second, he starts to clarify with his hand making a diving motion, "I mean the stuff inside," and then quickly starts awkwardly handling a sphere of air in his hands to further show what he means "not, you know, the whole thing."

He is tempted to say that the Captain is clearly into younger women, which is odd considering the whole ban on wenches in effect, but isn't sure how that would reflect on him for thinking such a thing. He slowly and carefully leans towards whatever adjacent male is with him at the table, and decides that stating his mind is a terrible idea and totally doesn't whisper the lowest whisper he can, "I think the Captain has a thing for younger women.. Younger than usual. But not too young."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases