[LPF] Wreck Ashore

solitar

First Post
Parinon watched the eerie storm that sat unnaturally over a distant island as the crew set the boat on an avoidance course.

Yes lets go far around that one. That storm can't be natural if it's been there stationary for so long and I'd rather not find out if whatever created it was still there. Thought Parinon.

Anya tries to round up the guards that are up on deck before elaborating on her concerns. "If every ship from this company takes the same way around this storm, and someone has been targeting their ships... it's the only place before the river I can think of that you can expect the ship to pass, and be far enough from shore to not be seen by anyone. Might be worth keeping gear handy and an armed until we're past it."

Psylence

First Post
Dyre is milling about, helping with various ship board tasks when he hears the calls to tighten the sails. They would probably be trying for a broad reach as they came around the mire of clouds that swarms up ahead. He jumps to as quickly as he can, trying to work with the crew on sailing the boat.

He hums a bit of a tune in time with their fairly quick pulls to help shore up the ship for the bit of fun ahead. Hopefully once that was done, he would move about to other tasks. It was a bit in his nature to work about the ship, after having spent enough time aboard one when he was younger. Every so often he glances out and toward the circling storm and a bit of a thin smile creases over his mouth at the idea of running with such a beast.

[sblock=OOC]Let's see how much I botch this sucker![/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Dyre Blackreef
AC: 15 (Touch: 13, Flat: 12)
HP: 9/9
Perception: +4, Sense Motive: +0
CMD: +2, CMD: +4, Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear)

Light Crossbow: +3 [1d8] 19-20 [80 feet]
Cutlass: +2 [1d6+2] 19-20
Punching Dagger: +2 [1d4+2] x3
Alchemy Bombs: +3 [1d6+2] x2 [20 feet]

Effects: Courageous
Combat Feats: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Throw Anything

Condition: None

In Hand: Light Crossbow

Consumables: 1 Waterskin, 5 Trail Rations
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WindCrystal

First Post
Even though nothing much changed for him before, it's probably clear to Amien by now with all of the activity on the deck increasing in volume and the heavier feel of air that something is amiss. "Huh? Is something happening?" he asks himself, still lounging in the sacks. He pushes himself up without any strain and jogs up the stairs to reach to the deck. He casually and gently pushes the door but he finds it resisted by wind pushing back, so he moves his body into it to force his way out.

His hair flinging back and his eyes taken by the sight of the cyclone, he mutters an orcish swear phrase with a bit of frustration and then back in common, "This is worth seven plats?"

He is then brought to attention to listen to the briefing on the situation. He cranks his shoulder a bit and says "I'm not much for theories. It'll be easy to find out who to 'take care of' once we see them."

[sblock=ooc]Edited based on the clarification.[/sblock]

Last edited:

solitar

First Post
Parinon nods at anya thinking the tough little barbarian made sense.

"I'll sit up here at the front of the boat and keep an eye on the surrounding waters in front and to the sides. Probably should have someone watch the rear as well so they don't come upon us from behind. Perhaps someone would watch from the crows neck but I am thinking not I. Damn stomach likes the lurching down here little enough and I am guessing from up there it'd only be worse." replies Parinon to Anya looking a bit green.

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I had plans to start Tuesday, but drawing maps and day job slowed me down. I will be holding off until Friday night to start the encounter.[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Once the ship is turned west to go around the forbidding island, the crew attempt to be patient, but they are quite restless and apprehensive.

Night falls and the steady winds of the day fall to mere breezes, but they keep the ship moving, if just at a slower pace. The captain barks orders, with the crew complying. Everburning torches are placed in well used holders, below the deckline at the bow, below the deckline at the stern, and then a third and fourth to the undersides of the two crows nests. Each of the fore and aft lights are set so as to shine out, while not fouling those attempting to peer out into the dark. The overhead ones shine down to barely illuminate the deck. "Running dark tis fine if your not xpecting trouble. One can sneak past others that way. But here, we know there's trouble coming. Ya kin feel it. Best not be blind." Once the lights are lit, one of the sailors boots Umralar out of the front crow's nest so he can concentrate on his watch in the nest. Umralar moves to the back crows nest to do the same. The first mate and another sailor go below for a bit of a nap. They know they will be running the second shift of the night sail.

To the starboard side, the isle is an imposing sight. Being a mile off, the island and its storm is a good half mile in diameter. A slow moving, strong, pulsing light tumbles in an erratic pattern. As you watch it for a while, you realize it is circling the island in the storm clouds.

[sblock= Anya]You hear the thunk of a hook going into the side of the ship over around N24. You get a surprise round action. (single or move)[/sblock][sblock= Umralar]You see first one, then two humanoid fish looking creatures climbing up the ship at N24 and N25. You are in the crows nest 25' feet above the deck. You get a surprise round action (std or move)[/sblock]
[sblock= map]
WA1.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

blackwlf

First Post
Umralar props his crossbow on the edge of the nest and fires down, shouting to the rest of the crew as he does so.

"Attackers on the port side!"

Remove ads