[LPF] Wreck Ashore

solitar

First Post
Parinon tries to hide his anxiousness but fails he's quite certain. "I'm in, my bow is yours to command and I assure you I am an excellent shot from ship or land. One question do you have any information on the missing shipments?"

Satin Knights

First Post
"Where is the boat? Umm, do you have docks here? I would think it would be at the docks. I haven't been to this city since I was a child. I say, the salt is to the west, follow your nose or the setting sun, and you should find the water. Then, it is left or right until you find the boat."

"... Oh, which boat? Hmm. Maybe it says in there.", pointing to the scroll case.

"How long? Well, I think it is seven days to the mouth of the river, and then another three days up the river. It stays at the docks for two days at either end of the trip, so yeah, that sounds about right. The shipping company has a few of them, so it is not always the same boat or captain arriving."

"The last five shipments have gone missing. Nothing has arrived. We tried searching the river a bit, but, well, the lizardfolk in the area are a bit testy at the moment. They get like that during mating season. So, no, we don't know what happened."

soulnova

Explorer
"You feeling well, lad?" she asks him when he coughs. "You should get that looked after"

Galandra takes the coin "This will do" she nods to the man. "So we have until tomorrow to get ready. Good."

"He's right tough, we all need some bows or slings" she looks back at Anya who doesn't seem to have any ranged weapons.

Satin Knights

First Post
"No, been not feeling good for a couple of days. Crossing the swamp takes a lot out of a man. This town is big enough, I hope I can find a druid or priest of Ruvalra here."
[sblock=Galandra]You are not sure what is wrong with him. He is sick with something, but you can't be sure what.[/sblock]

Last edited:

WindCrystal

First Post
Suddenly a newcomer walks through the door, and is immediately stopped by seeing everyone already sitting down and discussing business. Rolling his eyes to look over the room, he places a hand on his side in a bit of lean and scratches his head, "Sorry I'm late?" He is clearly a warrior or some sort and at least minimally equipped for adventure.

Last edited:

Psylence

First Post
"Actually, I was wondering the same thing." Dyre says back to Anya. His head nodding a little before he looks to the young man. "What is it? Black lung? Gallow's cough? Moss fever?" He arches his eyebrow and adds, "Well, at least it's not scurvy... I think."

He ponders this sickness for a moment, scratching his chin when the new comer arrives. He turns to address the new person, holding up a hand in greeting, "Hey! Not late at all. Grab your three coins, we get seven more when we're done. There's also a scro...."

Dyre gives a long pause and then turns back to the man, as well as the table, "Hold up a second. What's the scroll say?" He asks, not reaching for it himself.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Dyre Blackreef
AC: 15 (Touch: 13, Flat: 12)
HP: 9/9
Perception: +4, Sense Motive: +0
CMD: +2, CMD: +4, Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear)

Light Crossbow: +3 [1d8] 19-20 [80 feet]
Cutlass: +2 [1d6+2] 19-20
Punching Dagger: +2 [1d4+2] x3
Alchemy Bombs: +3 [1d6+2] x2 [20 feet]

Effects: Courageous
Combat Feats: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Throw Anything

Condition: None

In Hand: Light Crossbow

Consumables: 1 Waterskin, 5 Trail Rations
[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
The one that just entered doesn't hesitate to walk between a couple that are sitting and plucking the stated amount of coin. He then circles the table until he finds an empty seat, pulls his glaive from his back and holds it in front of him, then drops himself into the seat, leaning back a bit in waiting.

He looks towards everyone from where he sits, and just idly says, "I'm Amien." and leaves it at that.

OOC: EDIT: Changing my dialogue color since I just changed skins to make everybody's posts easier to read.

Last edited:

solitar

First Post
Parinon collects his own share of the coins and absently tosses them into his pouch. He fiddles with his bow as he listens to the rest of the parties agree to the offer of work.
He thinks, With the coins I got up front I could use some more arrows but other than that I should be pretty much good to go.
He rubbed his chin feeling a coarse stubble beneath his fingers.

[sblock="Mini Sheet"]Parinon
AC: 20 (Touch: 14, Flat: 16)
HP: 11/11
Perception: +1, Sense Motive: +1
CMB: +4, CMD: 18, Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will +1

Melee:
Longsword: Attack: +4 Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 19-20/x2
Dagger: Attack: +4 Damage: 1d4+3, Crit: 19-20/x2, Range:10'
Mace,light: Attack: +4 Damage: 1d6+3, Crit: 20/x2

Ranged:
Longbow: Attack: +5 Damage: 1d8+0, Crit: 20/x3, Range
Increment:100'Effects: None Arrows:Common(20)

Combat Feats: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot

Condition: None

In Hand: Longbow

Consumables: 1 Waterskin, 4 Trail Rations[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"I don't know what the papers say. The mayor sealed it water tight, and I didn't want to crack it open and ruin them. Well, I suppose it is dry in here." Retrieving the tube from the table, he pulls a dagger and slices the wax seal. "Let's see."

Note 1:

To: Sebenius Caritono, Dockmaster for House Gabbiano

Sebinius, By the time you receive this, I have six shipments of darkwood waiting upon my docks for their transport to Venza. The last five ships bringing supplies to Carinsharn have not arrived. I would hope by now that you have heard from Tritower that you are losing ships. I cannot afford to lose supplies, so my agent has hired up to six guards from Venza to accompany this shipment. Payment for their passage shall be made to your ship captain only upon their safe arrival in Carinsharn.

You may think you can forsake my small village and write off our losses, but if the Mystic Pearl does not get their shipments of darkwood soon, I suspect they will be most upset with you. Therefore, I suggest you send a double shipment of food. That will receive in kind a double load of darkwood to appease the Pearl.

Mayor Hilgashem

Note 2:
To:
Almar Ben Shawari, The Mystic Pearl

I most humbly regret to inform you that our dear village of Carinsharn has had trouble in shipping your requested darkwood supplies. I assure you that the wood is here, ready for transport, but the last five ships we expected to retrieve the wood have not arrived or been seen. As you are receiving this now, House Gabbiano will also within the day receive my missive that their ships have not arrived from the same messenger. We are getting a bit desperate for food and other supplies. My messenger has been entrusted to hire six guards for the next shipping run in order to protect it. I hope this humble attempt at restoring order is satisfactory in your eyes.

Your servant,
Hilgashem of the Wet Grove

Notes 3-8:
To: Honored Applicant

You are being hired to protect a shipment of food from Venza to Carinsharn via sea and river. Once arriving, you will protect the return shipment going back out to Venza. If you find the cause of previous shipments not reaching their destinations, you will deal with it to the best of your abilities. You have been paid a retainer of 3 platinum pieces, and will receive 7 more platinum pieces upon arrival in Carinsharn.

Mayor Hilgashem

"So, I suppose these six here I am supposed to hand out to you. He could of told me I needed to see these other people. Ah well." *cough*

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases