[LPF] Wreck Ashore

soulnova

Explorer
"Damaris did have some of a head start, I'll give her that. She wasn't at home in the morning and we thought she was with the acting troupe that was visiting the village. She used to spend all day with them when they were around. We realized she was gone until night"

"The Old Man couldn't leave mid hunting season, so that's why I came looking for her instead. I was on her heels up until the city... but then... well, there are just too many people. Too many singers... Too many girls." she says more than a little frustrated.

"At least I know she can get out of trouble with her pretty face (and a good punch if needed be), although she's not very.... uh... street smart. That's the main reason Mother wanted me to make sure she wasn't here on false promises."

Last edited:

Anya laughs at that last part. "I was promised a place to stay when I came here, nothing came of that though. I found a room by the temple of the hunter though. Closest thing to a safe area to be found down here." she says as she turns into a plaza, more well kept than any of the surrounding district. "If she is here somewhere, what brought you to joining this expedition away from the city?" she asks, opening a door at the edge of the plaza to a tight, steep staircase leading up.

WindCrystal

First Post
Once Amien leaves the Mystic Pearl, he decides to wait with the others for the girls to get back, unless of course they all decide to go with them.

solitar

First Post
Parinon hangs out while some of the others go off to get some supplies from a near by residence. He notices Amien and gives him a nod.

"All set mate? I'm Parinon by the way." he says to the tough blonde haired man that had hung back with him to await the others.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien smiles when he's spoken to, and greets the archer right back with his name, then gives his view on the situation, "Amien. I'm as set as I can manage. I figure everything's gonna go wrong with or without me."

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Not having any shopping to do, the messenger was the first to step out of the grand emporium and back into the real world. Loitering around for a few minutes, he sees the girls wander off. Muttering to himself, "Well, they know where and when they need to be."

After the rest of the group makes their way out of the shop, "Well, the salt breeze if coming from that way. So, let's follow our noses." After a few twists and turns through the city streets, you slip between a couple warehouses to end up on the docks. His head darts around a bit, looking at the large deep sea vessels, before he finds what he is looking for. To the left end, he finds a smaller pier, with several mid sized river boats. Recognizing a couple, he marches off in that direction.

At the base of the pier is an administration office next to a large warehouse. The sign over the office says Gabbiano Imports. Asking a passing worker, "The boss, um Caritono?" The worker points out to a frazzled man trying to answer three different people at the same time. Approaching the boss, he waits his turn. "Would you be Sebenius Caritono?"

"Yes, but I am busy. what do you want?"

"I have a message for you." Holding out the note, the man takes it and starts reading. Surprise, then anger crosses the man's face. He seems about ready to raise a hand and beat down this messenger, but thinks better when looking at the group of you.

"Six it says, but I only see five of you." "Oh, I am not going." *cough, cough* "Two others will be arriving before dawn." Looking at the rest of you, "Well, tell your Hilgashem I don't like threats, and I don't like being placed over a barrel. But if your troops can get my ship back here in one piece, and Hilgashem is paying their fare, they can go along. Old Ironjaw will put y'all to work, and you better not try to shirk it. Blast it! Double load and passengers? Well, it ain't gonna be comfortable. Follow me!"

Caritono leads you down to the forth ship on the pier. Gator's Gullet is the name on the finely carved plaque. "Ironjaw! You got passengers!" A grizzled old man comes up on deck and looks over the rail. "That old druid is getting nervous. These whelps are supposed to protect his shipment. And he wants double! On a day's notice! Those four there and two more coming. Put 'em to work."

"Thar be one rule on mi ship. Obey every word I says immediately or swim with da gators. Now get your gear aboard and below."

soulnova

Explorer
She think her answer carefully going up the stairs. "She is my sister... But this is a whole village in deep trouble. I think she at least has the common sense to avoid mortal danger for a week or two..."

"Most people at Whiteoak live by the day and we got raided a couple of times before. Those losses really hit us hard. If these people haven't had their supplies for this long... I don't want to imagine how bad things have gotten for them"

solitar

First Post
Parinon took his pack and made his way down into the boat where the salty old man had indicated. The area was small and already full of the crews supplies. Parinon found a vacant spot on the floor and set his pack cinching all the draw strings tight and making sure nothing was out in the open. He strung his bow over his neck placed his dagger in his boot, checked his longsword was strapped into his scabbard so it wouldn't slip out. Since he would be undoubtably set to work he left his shield and mace atop his pack. Despite the loss of them he still looked like a walking arsenal and knew working in the armor was going to be a new level of uncomfortable.

Gods this is gonna suck but as long as I keep at it I will soon be on my own way to real independence. He thinks to himself as he makes his way top deck to get his orders from Ironjaw.

Psylence

First Post
Dyre lagged behind a little (though he did buy a couple more trail rations while he was at the Pearl). He followed along with the rest of the group down to the docks as they made their way to find their transport. On his way toward the actual ship he starts humming a tune that has the ring of an old sea chantey - the volume only increasing as they actually catch sight and get to the ship.

The Captain speaks and the humming dies down a little, that is - until he starts his way up the gangplank. At that point, well, he starts singing the chantey to boot.

"Haul on the bowline, to Car-in-sharn we're goooin'.
Haul on the bowline, the bow-lin' haul!"

To which he continues on his way toward the lower deck with a bit of a hop to his step and a grin spreading even wider across his lips as the prospect is becoming much more real. He finds a place to stow his backpack - but the rest stays on him.

"Haul on the bowline, before she start a ro-ollin'.
Haul on the bowline, the bow-lin' haul!"

He might very well resemble someone who's just been told they're going home for a while. A home they haven't seen in a few years.

[sblock="ooc"]Just so everyone has a heads up. Sorry I've been gone, ran into some computer problems coupled with the 'joy' of jury duty.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Dyre Blackreef
AC: 15 (Touch: 13, Flat: 12)
HP: 9/9
Perception: +4, Sense Motive: +0
CMD: +2, CMD: +4, Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will +0 (+2 vs Fear)

Light Crossbow: +3 [1d8] 19-20 [80 feet]
Cutlass: +2 [1d6+2] 19-20
Punching Dagger: +2 [1d4+2] x3
Alchemy Bombs: +3 [1d6+2] x2 [20 feet]

Effects: Courageous
Combat Feats: Point-Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Throw Anything

Condition: None

In Hand: Light Crossbow

Consumables: 1 Waterskin, 7 Trail Rations
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Anya opens a door at the far end of the third floor hall. Beyond lies a spartan room; table and chairs along the right wall, chamber pot, wash basin, and wood burning stove to the left. Large windows cover the far wall and look out across the planks towards the waterfront, and a ladder behind the door seems to lead upwards towards the roof.

The barbarian drops her packs, grabs hold of the stove and, with a grunt and grimace manages to lift the heavy cast iron furnishing, and the planks it was bolted to, about an inch of the ground and stagger it to the center of the room. From the space beneath she retrieves a few more wrapped javelin and rations which she quickly adds to her packs, packing the bed linens into the now. She sets the room back into order and gathers her packs up again, visibly tired for a few moments.

"I can't lock the room from the outside yet." she explains as she walks back into the hall and closes the door behind her. "Let's hurry down to the docks and find this..." she pauses as she looks down at the writ given by the townsperson at the inn "Caritono."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases