[LPF] Wreck Ashore

blackwlf

First Post
Umralar sighs. His first journey with a group, and most of them are drunken sots.

"I can see in the dark, and I've no intention of dulling my senses with wine while we are being paid to guard. I can take the deep night watch."

He takes a portion of the meat, and heads off to find a bunk, chewing through it on the way.

solitar

First Post
Parinon watches as some try to duck the watch duty while there was free drink a flowing. He had a mug but just to wash down the food and he wasn't planning on having more. Most likely they were safe here at dock but it was their job to keep the boats supplies safe.

"I can take a watch I'm not in much of a drinking mood since I am unused to a rocking boat I don't need any extra help from a hangover to torture my stomache tomorrow." spoke Parinon softly. "And my eyes are fairly keen day or night for a human."

"I'll keep watch with the fear scáth, if anyone thinks to try something 'cause of his size, I'll throw a life boat on 'em. Besides, I'm still sober and that's a terrible way to end a night." she says, finishing off a sixth mug of wine but looking none-the-worse for it.

Satin Knights

First Post
After the meal settles down, the ship's standard complement of sailors bunk down early, as they know just how soon the sun will rise. Galandra and Parinon set first watch while the others find a place to sleep, or pass out as the case may be. The crew quarters already being full leaves a bit of a problem. For those that didn't bring hammocks on board with them, the softest place to lay down is upon lumpy sacks of grain. Nothing strange stirs, just the standard sounds of the city at night to the east.

Anya and Umralar have an equally uneventful evening with the exception of a lone rat trying to sneak up the gangplank in the darkness. Waking Dyre for his watch was a little troublesome, but probably easier than trying to sleep through his snoring. Once away, he enjoys his pre-dawn quiet watch until the sky starts to lighten and the regular sailors start about their work.

Before the sun has actually peeked over the horizon, the ship has set sail, headed out of the harbor and started its trek north.

WindCrystal

First Post
Despite his claims that he might pass out, Amien never did manage to drink enough wine for it to make him sick. He would need a stronger drink to pull it off before he feels the pressure of too much liquid. Still, it depressed him enough to bring him to sleep peacefully, with the consequence of waking more abruptly than he normally would, around the time Dyre has watched the sun rise already.

The sacks of grain aren't anything new to him and leveraged his body well enough, he thought. He gets up and stretches his muscles, not looking forward to being put back to work as soon as his day begins. He takes his armor and straps it on, and takes his weapons too. He's protecting the ship apparently, so he might as well gear up. He makes his way up to the deck once he is done.

solitar

First Post
As the boat gains in speed Parinon steps to one of the deck rails. The boat rose and fell rhythmically, soothingly. The smell of salt spray assaulted his nose, pungent but not unpleasant. His long brown hair twisted in the morning breeze as the sun broke over the horizon in a beautiful display of orange and red. He could never be a sailor as he would miss his forests and all it's splendors but for the first time he could understand why men were drawn to the sea as he was to his woods.

His revveling at the beauty of the sea was broken as he heard the Captain bellowing orders sending the sailors scurrying like rats to execute his orders.

Psylence

First Post
Darn straight he was snoring up a storm! Especially after he managed to make something that resembles a really poor hammock from a bedroll and hemp rope. He threw his hand in the general direction of the person trying to rouse him, making groaning noises before finally bringing about enough sense to wake from his slumber. Taking the bedroll and his Formula book, he made his way amidship to find a place to sit watch.

Slowly the sun starts to turn the far horizon a different color and he grumbles out a compliment to the sky which now allows him to read. He peruses through his notes, reading up on his various formulas and checking for any inconsistencies or discoveries. Sure this was a daily ritual and, surely, all the errors should have been caught by now - but one never knows.

The crew began to rise around him as well, quickly stowing the gangplank, readying the sails and casting away in well-practiced unison. His head perks up from his reading to watch, finally taking a cue to put it down and pack his stuff once more below decks. It was time to work after all, and he did so enjoy hoisting sails and feeling the wind catch within the canvas confines.

soulnova

Explorer
After the first watch, Galandra stops cold and taps her head with a sigh realizing something. "Bedroll... dammit"

Sure, she has no qualms to sleep on the floor or by the sacks of grains, but she had taken a like for a decent bed once she got her own place. No problem then... she would be just a little grumpier tomorrow.

"Morn'n" she looks over the rail on the deck, taking the sights of the sea.

"The scenery is definitely more... well there's more of it." Anya muses. "Last time I was on a ship, there was nothing but horizon for weeks." She is looking more easy on her feet today, most of her gear now stowed in some rafters below deck.

"So," she calls up to the mate "what here needs a strong arm, and won't wind up with me accidentally sinking the ship?'?

WindCrystal

First Post
The blonde warrior doesn't seem to be taking in the morning breeze as much as the others. He never saw the appeal of bathing ones self in the romance of scenery and smell.

Deciding to following Anya to the crewman, he figures he may as well start working before he looks bad not doing so, "I'll take whatever exercise I can get."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases