Chicago Gameday 33 is Nov 10: SIGN UP TO PLAY

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Reign is cool, just make sure you minmax the crap out of your character. The result curve for the dice pool is listed in the book, I think it breaks around 4. Anything below that is pointless, 4 is around 50%, and it gets dramatically better from there.

ekb

First Post
Reign is cool, just make sure you minmax the crap out of your character. The result curve for the dice pool is listed in the book, I think it breaks around 4. Anything below that is pointless, 4 is around 50%, and it gets dramatically better from there.
The 50% break is more accurately expressed as 2+2 (average stat + moderate training/little training+taking an extra turn for prep).

Such maths don't entirely apply here. It's all about the Company rules for this scenario. Pretty much every "character" runs one of The Empire's resources (@5d - it's The Empire, after all) and so for any action, there's 10d - a virtual certainty of at least 1 set. The Risk in this scenario comes from the fact that there's a lot going on, so flopping 5d down with your partner is going to drop a lot of the other balls/chainsaws being juggled. While splitting a pool up this way normally means whiffing when rolling d10s, we're talking about a hand of cards that can be "tuned" so as not to whiff out... but at the expense of risking not getting everything done in favor of getting what the player considers most important done. Which the World and other players react to. Lather rinse repeat.

Last edited:

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Sounds intriguing, ekb! I've been listening to a lot of Dan Carlin lately, so that scale of action is pretty interesting to me right now. If I weren't already booked, I'd give it a shot.

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Buzz,

Unfortunately, the dreaded Work Change has hit me and I will not be able to make it on Saturday. Please remove me from two games I'd love to play but cannot. And yes, I'm a bit pissy about it all. Thanks.

-- WJ

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases