Disney buying Lucasfilm for $4 billion! More Star Wars movies coming!

Dioltach

Legend
Hmmm. I'm cautiously optimistic about this. A bit concerned that Disney won't get the gritty feeling of the original trilogy, but then again, that was missing from the prequels too.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Thrawn Trilogy please.

Edit:
Oh, and since Disney owns Marvel, and Dark Horse publishes Star Wars comics... I wonder what'll happen there...
and maybe, just maybe we'll get some new Star Wars Flight games in the vein of the original X-Wing and Tie Fighter games.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
This is great news! I'm so tired of Lucas complete mismanagement of the franchise. The prequels were an utter travesty.

Considering their amazing track record with Pixar and Marvel, this can only be an improvement.

jeffh

Adventurer
Probably the best thing that could happen to the franchise is having it in new hands with Lucas as a hopefully-respected "creative consultant" but kept at a minimum distance of 50 feet from the writer's and director's chairs at all times.

Great news for Star Wars long term. Probably sad news for some current Star Wars projects short term, though. I imagine Clone Wars will get cancelled so the all-new animated Star Wars content can be launched on Disney XD, just like what happened with the greatly-missed Spectacular Spiderman show.

There were rumors that Season V would be its last anyway.

frankthedm

First Post
Oh thank the unspeakable gods of the Outer Hells! There was no chance Mr. Taking his ball & Going home would have EVER let the Expanded Universe make it to the big screen!

Only way I could be happier about this is if Disney announced they were getting H.R. Giger for costume design on the Yuuzhan Vong... that probably isn't happening, and would be a long ways off even if it did.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases