General D&D Topics* Midnight returns?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Midnight returns?

(I wasn't sure if this belonged in the general Tabletop forum, so I chose to post it here)

I don't know if this means anything, but FFG has added back a page for their excellent Midnight setting on their website. It only has links to their previous pdf products, but they also set up a forum and, as was mentioned in the Against The Shadow fansite, if it was only about promoting old pdf products they could have done the same with their other defunct settings and games (Dawnforge, Fireborn, Blue Planet).

Could it be that there's some Midnight-related announcement in the future. I sincerely hope so!
    "Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

I hope so too! I love me some Midnight!

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Blog Entries
    I Defended The Walls!

Ignore Jester Canuck
    While I love Midnight, I'm quite happy with the coverage it got. There was enough that I could afford to easily get everything.
    Although... a rules update to Next would be pretty darn cool.
    My gaming Webcomic 5 Minute Workday at www.5mwd.com

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore gdmcbride
    I very much hope this is true. I own the entire Midnight run (including the DVD of the pilot with its 4th edition digital adventure) and would love to see this game return to the land of the in-print.

In particular, I want an adventure path.

Gary McBride
    Fire Mountain Games
    Check out our kickstarter! Creature Cards

A Midnight Adventure Path would be great. I agree that quality adventures (or AP) are what were missing from the original Midnight run. The existing products did a nice job of covering what was needed. The only kind of product that I could think would complement those would be a gazetteer series of the lands.

But an Adventure Path? Yes, please!
    "Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"

I'd enjoy a Midnight adventure path too. I had an idea for one where players would actually start with several PCs in different places, who would eventually come together (as some of the PCs die off).

I'd also be curious to see what rules Midnight would use. Pathfinder? 5e? Whatever they use for Warhammer?

The bombs fell. Billions died. Generations past. Now it's your chance. Can you rebuild this Broken Earth? Now available for Savage Worlds and Pathfinder RPG.

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Ignore gdmcbride
    While an adventure path would be ideal, any adventure support for Midnight would be appreciated. Besides the introductory adventure "Crown of Shadow" and a few sample adventures released online there were no Midnight adventures. That was a terrible oversight and if they're correcting that, regardless of edition, I'd be all over those products.

Here's hoping.

Gary McBride

Quote Originally Posted by gdmcbride View Post
    While an adventure path would be ideal, any adventure support for Midnight would be appreciated. Besides the introductory adventure "Crown of Shadow" and a few sample adventures released online there were no Midnight adventures. That was a terrible oversight and if they're correcting that, regardless of edition, I'd be all over those products.
    There was a big boxed set too (Fury of Shadow), that I believe had an adventure in it. (But it's been years since I've looked through my Midnight stuff, so I'm not positive.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday Boy View Post
    There was a big boxed set too (Fury of Shadow), that I believe had an adventure in it. (But it's been years since I've looked through my Midnight stuff, so I'm not positive.)
    Checking Fury of Shadow it doesn't seem to have an adventure, the description has
    - 160 page campaign book detailing the elven wood ...
    - 16 page cartography book
    - full color gm screen
    - giant full color poster map
    - special edition custom midnight character sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday Boy View Post
    Fury of the Shadow details the Erethor woodlands, last redoubt of the elves. It does have an 11-page section with adventures suggestions and a few detailed encounters, but unfortunately no full fledged adventure

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast