Midnight returns?

(I wasn't sure if this belonged in the general Tabletop forum, so I chose to post it here)

I don't know if this means anything, but FFG has added back a page for their excellent Midnight setting on their website. It only has links to their previous pdf products, but they also set up a forum and, as was mentioned in the Against The Shadow fansite, if it was only about promoting old pdf products they could have done the same with their other defunct settings and games (Dawnforge, Fireborn, Blue Planet).

Could it be that there's some Midnight-related announcement in the future. I sincerely hope so!

While I love Midnight, I'm quite happy with the coverage it got. There was enough that I could afford to easily get everything.
Although... a rules update to Next would be pretty darn cool.

gdmcbride

First Post
I very much hope this is true. I own the entire Midnight run (including the DVD of the pilot with its 4th edition digital adventure) and would love to see this game return to the land of the in-print.

In particular, I want an adventure path.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games
Check out our kickstarter! Creature Cards

A Midnight Adventure Path would be great. I agree that quality adventures (or AP) are what were missing from the original Midnight run. The existing products did a nice job of covering what was needed. The only kind of product that I could think would complement those would be a gazetteer series of the lands.

But an Adventure Path? Yes, please! :)

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I'd enjoy a Midnight adventure path too. I had an idea for one where players would actually start with several PCs in different places, who would eventually come together (as some of the PCs die off).

I'd also be curious to see what rules Midnight would use. Pathfinder? 5e? Whatever they use for Warhammer?

gdmcbride

First Post
While an adventure path would be ideal, any adventure support for Midnight would be appreciated. Besides the introductory adventure "Crown of Shadow" and a few sample adventures released online there were no Midnight adventures. That was a terrible oversight and if they're correcting that, regardless of edition, I'd be all over those products.

Here's hoping.

Gary McBride

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
While an adventure path would be ideal, any adventure support for Midnight would be appreciated. Besides the introductory adventure "Crown of Shadow" and a few sample adventures released online there were no Midnight adventures. That was a terrible oversight and if they're correcting that, regardless of edition, I'd be all over those products.

There was a big boxed set too (Fury of Shadow), that I believe had an adventure in it. (But it's been years since I've looked through my Midnight stuff, so I'm not positive.)

Mad Hamish

First Post
There was a big boxed set too (Fury of Shadow), that I believe had an adventure in it. (But it's been years since I've looked through my Midnight stuff, so I'm not positive.)

Checking Fury of Shadow it doesn't seem to have an adventure, the description has
- 160 page campaign book detailing the elven wood ...
- 16 page cartography book
- full color gm screen
- giant full color poster map
- special edition custom midnight character sheets

Fury of the Shadow details the Erethor woodlands, last redoubt of the elves. It does have an 11-page section with adventures suggestions and a few detailed encounters, but unfortunately no full fledged adventure :(

Remove ads