Playing with a new style [Update - switching to it on 12 Nov]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I so want to make a joke about use of CAPS and EXCLAMATION!!!!!! POINTS!!!!!!! straining my eyes so bad I don't even want to read the forums, but I just know somebody will get upset if I do. So I won't.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
I like the dropdown menu. My only complaint is that the dropdowns appear on hover, which mean I'm often opening them accidentally. I would much prefer if they opened on a click event.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've whacked it up into the top right, sharing the header table, giving us an extra 0.75cm or so. At this point, I think I've saved as much vertical space as is possible with this software. I do worry that having it that close to the ad banner will distract from it, but we do have as tight a header as I think we're ever likely to have.

fba827

Adventurer
In the top bar menu, under Profile, the second option currently says "Settings" Any chance you would consider changing it to "User Control Panel" or "Control Panel" or "Settings & User Control Panel" or some variation thereof?

I ask simply because I use the User Control Panel for all my subscribed forums and threads (rather than the main forum list) and it took me a bit to realize that the control panel link was under settings.

I mean, it's not impossible to figure out (and is simply a matter of relearning), just mentioning it in case other people were having the same difficulty as I was (which i'm guessing was also happening in this other thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/meta/331698-so-i-cant-acess-my-subscibed-threads.html )

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In the top bar menu, under Profile, the second option currently says "Settings" Any chance you would consider changing it to "User Control Panel" or "Control Panel" or "Settings & User Control Panel" or some variation thereof?

I ask simply because I use the User Control Panel for all my subscribed forums and threads (rather than the main forum list) and it took me a bit to realize that the control panel link was under settings.

I mean, it's not impossible to figure out (and is simply a matter of relearning), just mentioning it in case other people were having the same difficulty as I was (which i'm guessing was also happening in this other thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/meta/331698-so-i-cant-acess-my-subscibed-threads.html )

I'm not trying to be disagreeable - but the previous menu said "Settings", too. We've used "Settings" in menus here now for a period of time measured in years. This particular thing isn't a change!

I could prove it by switching back to the menu you've been using for the last few years up until this week. That one says "Settings", too!

Remove ads