Playing with a new style [Update - switching to it on 12 Nov]

JamesonCourage

Adventurer
But then all the people earlier in this thread who demanded a forums top-level menu would start shouting at me! It was a submenu last week.... it changed because of this thread.
Well, there's always adding another button, or making those people unhappy instead of me :angel:

But, you have your reasons. I'm just voicing why I dislike it; as I said, it's in no way a dealbreaker. Just annoying each time it happens. Thanks for all the work you do and feedback you take seriously, though; it's rare and appreciated.

Last edited:

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Okay, here's my 1.25 coppers. :)

Tried to log on this morning, got an all white screen for the forums (having gotten to them through my Private Message folder I see why, the Forum Default option is gone from the skin drop down). Hide in Shadows produces white with a little blue text here and there (bolded text I think shows up blue in that) Child of Black works with a white and blue scheme, which can make some of the colored text in the RP threads a bit difficult to read, but can be worked with. If we could get the bright, glaring white toned down a little to a light gray or something that didn't cause that effect, I would be content to work with it.

Also, just a personal gripe, I think a centered EnWorld logo in the header of the page would be a much better spot to imbed the floating menus than over the advertising banner. I have found in the past elsewhere that if your click isn't precise you could end up clicking the banner and going to that link instead of going to the menu you wanted. Just a preference for me. Also makes it easier to find if you are new. :D

Otherwise, I like what I have seen in these upgrades and improvements. Heavy thanks to all you good folks sweating it out behind the scenes and listening to us bellyache. :)

-AHw

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, there's always adding another button, or making those people unhappy instead of me :angel:

But, you have your reasons. I'm just voicing why I dislike it; as I said, it's in no way a deal breaker. Just annoying each time it happens. Thanks for all the work you do and feedback you take seriously, though; it's rare and appreciated.

[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6668292]JamesonCourage[/MENTION], maybe what is needed is instead of the placement of the curser over to start the dropdown, simply require a click on the requested item. I find it irritating when I am on some sights that I move the curser over a spot a whole screen of dropdown menus happens. That is not the case here, but i still like to have the option th NOT accidentally cause a menu to dropdown.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not getting into a "changing it back and forth every time someone says they don't like it" things, guys. I don't have the energy or the mental fortitude to cope with that type of thing. It's how it is; right now there are much more serious things to worry about - like general hackery.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
how is the hackery investigation going? I see a lot of spam happening lately. Is there any connection?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Is the 'Resend activation email' link automatic? Like, does it cause extra work for the moderation staff, or does the server handle it?

It's occurred to me several times now that the links in the new setting tabs are rather small font, and I get really close to clicking that link instead of the 'Logout' one when I'm logging out.

Nellisir

Hero
I must say, the new placement is making me notice the ads a little more. I have a sudden longing for Dove Underarm Antiperspirant. For women. :confused:

doghead

thotd
I found my top Menu

Like it says on the box, I found the top menu.

Normally my windows are devoid of Menus. They look like this: WithoutMenu.jpg

Thats because the Menus are lurking - there is one hiding on the 'PM Error Message Page'. See: WithMenu.jpg.

There is another one sckulking on my 'Manage Attachments' page, but only appears once I have cast a 'See Menu' spell (or uploaded a new attachment).

Fortunately I have a ready supply of 'Use Alternative Method' spells to get around the problem of the missing Menus, so it is only a small inconvenience.

But I thought that I would share.

I am using Safari 5.1.2. Perhaps I need a new Edition.

thotd

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases