Does anyone use Ardania as a campaign world?

Most of the adventure paths and modules (if not all of them) seem to focus on a serious campaign world in which the adventurers are seen as and referred to as mercenaries rather than adventurers. Does anyone use the "adventuring guild" concept anymore? Has anyone run a game using a world like that in "Majesty: the Fantasy Kingdom Sim"?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3XKifM9s-A[/ame]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Never heard of it, but I like the look of that video - looks a bit like Settlers and the like. Except for NPCs which repeat things too much. What's the game like?

Never heard of it, but I like the look of that video - looks a bit like Settlers and the like. Except for NPCs which repeat things too much. What's the game like?

You play the part of a king of a fantasy kingdom. Monsters attack your settlement on a regular basis, so you must establish various adventurers' guilds to deal with the monsters. You do not control the adventurers directly, but rather set bounties to try to entice them to take some particular action (explore that area of the map, kill this troll, destroy the evil castle over there). I have both Majesty 1 (gold) and Majesty 2. Majesty 1 has quite a bit more flavor to it--there are descriptions of just about everything. Majesty 2 has the innovation of allowing adventurers to form adventuring parties (M1 saw the adventurers assist each other on an ad hoc basis). M2 has better graphics, of course, but as I say there seemed to me to be less flavor to the game.

Both games rely on a "scenario" paradigm; that is, you start anew with each new scenario, although if I remember correctly, M2 allows you to bring one or two adventurers along, if they are of high enough experience. M1 had you start each scenario with level 1 adventurers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases