BATTLE OF THE BARDS - Heat 2!

Vote for the winner of BATTLE OF THE BARDS - HEAT 2!

• RAVENS IN THE LIBRARY by SJ Tucker of Dumas, Arkansas

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • JASON AND THE DRAGON by Matthew 'Amoebacide' Dobrich of Melbourne, Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AXE OF DESTRUCTION by Gary McGath of Nashua, New Hampshire

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • THE ORC WHO LOVES DWARVES by Neil Berry of Bristol, England

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • DUNGEON HUSTLE by Mississippi Bones of Hardin County, Ohio

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • SECRETS by W. Scott Snyder of Austin, Texas

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Poll closed .

Noisemonger

First Post
I'm a silly kind of guy then. I also didn't want to hurt the artists feelings. If they didn't want criticism, they could still read-on and avoid my commentary.

I was trying to be nice.

I am happier with this week's batch, then last week's.

Never going to take offense at constructive criticism ... don't know what happened to the vocals on me tune though, much clearer than that originally. No matter, all the songs here, Ravens in particular, are much better than my nonsense anyway :)

tuxgeo

Adventurer
< snip >
I am happier with this week's batch, then last week's.

This week's batch is bigger -- 6 songs instead of 5.

I didn't find this batch to be particularly exciting. However I did like:
1. Ravens: The vocals. Superb voice! (The lyrics lost me, though.)
2. Jason: Driving tempo. (But again, the lyrics lost me.)
3. Axe: Good lyrics; and the changes from verse to verse. ("Axe of death" to "Axe we love.") (I think different instrumentation could improve it.)
4. Orc: Loved the setup and comedic point. (Didn't like the voice: couldn't hear lyrics.)
5. Hustle: The driving energy. (With better lyrics, this could work.)
6. Secrets: Intelligent lyrics, smooth presentation. (Didn't like the content: all Relationship, hardly any Events.) (Yeah, events would be harder to write about for that song.)

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Never going to take offense at constructive criticism ... don't know what happened to the vocals on me tune though, much clearer than that originally. No matter, all the songs here, Ravens in particular, are much better than my nonsense anyway :)
I thought you had the best concept and lyrics so far. Shame about the muffled voice.

Janx

Hero
I thought you had the best concept and lyrics so far. Shame about the muffled voice.

The lyrics looked it was going to be a funny song. Too bad something happened to the vocals. Might need to remix it, and try again next season.

Which might be a concept to consider for next season (assuming one happens). Don't allow identical re-submissions, but do allow new versions of a past submission. This would allow some artists to fix/improve their song, but prevent really lazy pimping of the exact same stuff that didn't win a past season. I don't know how significant the changes would need to be, perhaps it'd be an EN World staff decision.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The voting is more intense in this heat. 150 votes in the first few hours; took a few days to reach this point last week.

Bardiclug

First Post
6. Secrets: Intelligent lyrics, smooth presentation. (Didn't like the content: all Relationship, hardly any Events.) (Yeah, events would be harder to write about for that song.)

Sorry about that. :cool: It's part 2 of a 4 part song series, each one from the point of view of a different character (class) in a standard party. I was mostly trying to comment on the class/system from the PC's point of view, rather than tell the story of a specific event.

I'm glad you liked the lyrics, even if you didn't enjoy the story. At least I'm doing something right. :D

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
tuxgeo;6046645 3. Axe: Good lyrics; and the changes from verse to verse. [SIZE=1 said:
("Axe of death" to "Axe we love.") (I think different instrumentation could improve it.)[/SIZE]

But the instrumentation makes it perfect as a tavern song :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases