6th-8th lvl module recommendations?

Dingleberry

First Post
I'll be running a one-day session for 6 players over the holidays, several of whom very rarely get to play. Any recommendations for a short, simple, fast-moving module in the 6th- to 8th-level range?

And for anyone who has run or played "Heart of Nightfang Spire", how do you think 6 characters would fare at 8th level?

Psion

Adventurer
Dingleberry said:
I'll be running a one-day session for 6 players over the holidays, several of whom very rarely get to play. Any recommendations for a short, simple, fast-moving module in the 6th- to 8th-level range?

Well, almost in that range, I really liked "The Ghost Machine" (Part of the double adventure "To Stand on Hallowed Ground") for 5th-7th level characters.

Dingleberry said:
And for anyone who has run or played "Heart of Nightfang Spire", how do you think 6 characters would fare at 8th level?
TPK.

I'm currently playing the mod. No one's dead, yet, and we're 10+ level. At 8th level, I think we've have had a few casualties by now.

There is a neat module called Tears for Twilight Hollow (or something like that) in Dungeon magazine a while back. I'm running it now for a small group of 3 5th level players. I have scaled it back a bit, so it might be just right for 8th level characters (or you could scale it up a bit, if needed). There is some in town stuff, some dungeon-crawling stuff, some wilderness stuff. A nice mix of milieux.

Victim

First Post
Dingleberry said:

The dungeon cleanup crew would be scrapping them off the walls. Our group had 4 9th level characters and 2 8th level characters and we suffered greatly. Going in without 5th level spells like Raise Dead might not be the best idea.

Mark Plemmons

Explorer
Weird... I just mentioned this module in another post...

Anyway, you might want to check out The Lost Tomb of Kruk-Ma-Kali, if you're looking for a good, brutal, one-day dungeon.

Of course, if you're not running in the Kingdoms of Kalamar you'd have to make some minor changes, and there's an overland adventure that you probably won't need. But damn it, it's a cool dungeon! And yes, I'm biased....

:)

===
Mark Plemmons
Kenzer and Company
www.kenzerco.com
===

CullAfulMoshuN

First Post
Not out in stores yet, but will be available to buy online soon, the new Auran d20 Adventure - "Sanctuary" is a very cool module. If you prefer a dark, moody, roleplaying heavy module rather than a dungeon crawl, you'll love this module. It is the sort of module you could either draw out over many gaming sessions with roleplaying and investigation or play through quickly if you rail road the PCs a little and guide their subtly actions.

I was one of the editors for the module and I really enjoyed just reading it, it almost reads like a story. I am really looking forward to running it for one of my regular gaming groups.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases