Hello everyone... shameless self promotion thread here, don't kill me.

Glutton

First Post
Hey there Upper Krust, long time no see! So have you ever statted up a comic character in D&D? Where would someone like Superman or (comic) Thor rank?

Glutton said:
Hey there Upper Krust, long time no see!

Hello back 'atcha. Hope you are keeping well?

So have you ever statted up a comic character in D&D? Where would someone like Superman or (comic) Thor rank?

You mean like a Galactus or Silver Surfer for 3.5E D&D? ;)

Thor was already detailed in (3E) Deities & Demigods* so naturally he was used as a baseline for the power of the above.

*Not a good book as my Review of Deities & Demigods 3E might illustrate.

Glutton

First Post
Last edited:

Glutton

First Post
He's not bad at all, although he's far from min-maxed and PCs in and around the level to challenge him would destroy him.

Stat-block copy/paste error. :blush:

Meant he was a beast in general not for his CR. Those HP... and I thought 1000 hp creatures were tough.

But of course Surfer is 19 feet tall!

the Jester

Legend
Comic.

Basically someone would start a debate on why character A beats character B and I'd explain (in my opinion - based on the mathmatical RPG-esque system I had constructed) exactly how many attacks it would take them to win.

Then that escalated into people calling my bluff saying I was talking utter nonsense so I challenged the entire forum to post examples of comic book battles that would break my system.

Last I recall I think my system was accurate in about 69% of cases (or something like that). Which is actually pretty good going for those who know how random comics can be at times.

There were always those who still weren't happy...

Them: "You can't count a speed-blitz as one attack!"

Me: "Yes I can, its my system."

But overall I had a lot of fun with the system and the ensuing debates. :D

It seems like the biggest problem would be the inconsistency and disregard with which modern comics stories treat their characters.

But that way lies my spite and disdain for the comics industry for the last twenty years, so I'll back away slowly with my hands up instead. ;)

Glutton

First Post
hello again! :)

Overdeity you see.

Not for something from my book the Immortals Handbook: Epic Bestiary. ;)

I must have statted him when he was using the Power Cosmic to assume a taller form. :p

I looked at your Deities and Demigods review and a) you're younger than I thought, I thought you'd be a little older probably because I got that impression from your nickname being 'Krusty' according to Herochat b) I agree the way Deities and Demigods and the ELH not being integrated was dumb and c) (most relevantly) does the name 'Upper Krust' refer to a love of incredibly powerful characters who stand at the highest tiers (or 'upper crust') of their universes?

Hello there! :)

Glutton said:
I looked at your Deities and Demigods review and a) you're younger than I thought,

People tell me I look about 10 years younger than I am - so I must be doing something right. :D

I thought you'd be a little older probably because I got that impression from your nickname being 'Krusty' according to Herochat

That was just a nickname I had from years and years ago. Its a longwinded story of how I got it, so I'll spare you the details.

b) I agree the way Deities and Demigods and the ELH not being integrated was dumb and

Its just a bad book, except for the art.

c) (most relevantly) does the name 'Upper Krust' refer to a love of incredibly powerful characters who stand at the highest tiers (or 'upper crust') of their universes?

Upper_Krust is/was a reference to my supposed superiority complex coupled with Krusty the clown (from the Simpsons).

Glutton

First Post
Upper_Krust is/was a reference to my supposed superiority complex coupled with Krusty the clown (from the Simpsons).

Ah ok, you do love your super powerful characters though... 100+ level D&D sounds like it would be so unique, I imagine it must be like a whole other game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases