PCGen v6.00.0 Released

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
A new version (v6) of PCGen (the free character generation software) has been released. It includes a new user interface as well as "substantial changes under the hood including hundreds of new features". For more info about PCGen, click here; and for details about the changes in this version click here.

Attachments

• logo.png
    logo.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,188

I am tempted, but think I will wait for a review. I used PCGen waaaay back in the days when you could get a ton of WoTC datasets with it (pre CMP days). It was powerful and versatile, but the interface was very ouchy. (think MS DOS). Here's to hoping the new interface is slick. What I would need to know before getting it though is---what come with it in terms of datasets? Any official WoTC materials beyond the basic PH, DMG and MM?

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Thanks for the link. Downloaded it and its cool so far. They mention 4E stuff, but I haven't seen any. But then, I've only played with it a bit.

Papa-DRB

First Post
No 4E stuff. No non open content WotC stuff.

Only 3.0, 3.5, Pathfinder, etc. that use Open Content.

-- david
papa.drb
PCGen data monkey and Yahoo group moderator

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I have a couple of questions. Is there a way to delete saved characters, and is the a way to change a character's height and/or weight? If so, how? Thanks for any info.

Edit: One more question. How to equip bought equipment? Thanks again.

Edit two: Found the height/weight stuff. (In Description, DUH! :-S)

Last edited:

Papa-DRB

First Post
I have a couple of questions. Is there a way to delete saved characters, and is the a way to change a character's height and/or weight? If so, how? Thanks for any info.

Edit: One more question. How to equip bought equipment? Thanks again.

Edit two: Found the height/weight stuff. (In Description, DUH! :-S)

Delete characters by deleting the file from your computer, there is no "built into the software" way of doing it.

Under the Inventory tab, there are two sub-tabs. You buy the equipment under the Purchase Sub-tab, and equip the equipment under the Equipment Sub-tab.

-- david
papa.drb (pcgen monkey)

Son of Meepo

First Post
I haven't used it in a while so I thought I would give it a try as I had been creating PF characters by hand.

One thing that jumped out at me is that there did not seem to be any way to assign the +2 to one stat for my human character. Is this a bug or am I missing how to do this? I did not see anything related in the JIRA issues list.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Delete characters by deleting the file from your computer, there is no "built into the software" way of doing it.

Under the Inventory tab, there are two sub-tabs. You buy the equipment under the Purchase Sub-tab, and equip the equipment under the Equipment Sub-tab.

-- david
papa.drb (pcgen monkey)
Thanks. Sorry I can't add to your XP, gotta spread them around more.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
I haven't used it in a while so I thought I would give it a try as I had been creating PF characters by hand.

One thing that jumped out at me is that there did not seem to be any way to assign the +2 to one stat for my human character. Is this a bug or am I missing how to do this? I did not see anything related in the JIRA issues list.

I could not select an Oracle Mystery from the additional ones in Ultimate Magic - how do you add those in to your options?

Son of Meepo, In the lower left there is a list of things to be done. If you click on that it goes to the Racial Abilities tab under Feats and Abilities which is where you select the +2 to a stat.

Psychman, have you loaded both the APG and Ultimate Magic? Because if you go to the Feat and Abilities tab, select Class Abilities then Oracle Mystery, I see many from Ultimate Magic. Is there any missing?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases