D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 152
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Grimmjow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jamestown, North Dakota, United States
    Posts
    857

    ° Ignore Grimmjow

    [Adventure] The Broken Tower DM:Grimmjow Judge:TwoHeadsBarking

    When you arrive at Orisk's office he takes a seat behind the desk. He motions at you all to sit in less fancy chairs. As he does he says "Alright then, how about you all introduce yourselves to your companions for today, then we can get started" He pulls out the contract.

    rules
    Welcome
    @CrimsonFlameWielder
    @treex
    @Someone
    @VanderLegion
    @Phoenix8008

    Combat: You will find the map and stats for combat Here. When combat starts I will roll initiative for the monsters and give you the average. Whoever beats the average acts immediately, and everyone else will wait for the monsters to go. After that it will swap between players and monsters.

    NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT ACT WITHIN 48 HOURS OF A COMBAT TURN STARTING I WILL ACT FOR YOU, USING ONLY AT-WILL POWERS

    On the spread sheet go ahead and fill in your character's name and all the information I provided for you. Feel free to add anything or make a tab bigger if you need to.

    feel free to call me on anything i do wrong, as this is my first time DMing a play-by-post game. Thanks


    OCC thread
    Last edited by Grimmjow; Wednesday, 14th November, 2012 at 04:39 AM.

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,351

    ° Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

    The red crystal body of the shardmind doesn't shift at all, not even to turn his head towards them. They all hear his voice in their heads though, strong and clear, "I am Arshaka. My mental powers shall serve us all... well."

    Actions/Stat block
    Start=
    Minor=
    Move=
    Standard=
    End=
    Arshaka Stat block
    Arshaka- Male Shardmind Psion (Telekinetic) 1
    Passive Perception: +22, Passive Insight: +20, Initiative: +1 AC: 17, Fort: 12, Reflex: 16, Will: 18 -- Speed: 6
    HP: 20/20, Bloodied: 10, Surge Value: 5, Surges left: 6/6
    Action Points: 1, Milestones: 0 Second Wind: not used
    Basic Attack: +1 Staff of the Renewing Source: +1 vs AC / 1d8 damage (+1d6 on crit)
    Ranged Basic Attack: Kinetic Trawl: +6 vs Ref / 1d8+7 force damage and pull target 1 square.
    Power Points: 4/4
    Powers-
    At-Will:

    Force Punch
    Kinetic Trawl
    Burning Flux

    Encounter:
    Shard Swarm
    Far Hand
    Forceful Push
    Intellect Forteress

    Daily:
    Telekinetic Anchor
    Staff of Renewing Source
    Psyweave Cloak

  • #3
    My name is Everlin, I will help keep everyone alive and healthy as well as maing your weapons be more accurate and deadly.
    Vander (Pixie Monk 6), Graven (Warforged Swordmage|Wizard 3), Everlin (Human Skald 3)

  • #4
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    ° Ignore treex
    "Hi, uh...me Kruor. Me daddy was a vampire and he give Kruor life. Daddy was smart man.

    Stat Block
    Kruor - Robot Vampire 3 (reskinned Warforged)
    Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
    AC: 19, Fort: 15, Ref: 18, Will: 16
    Initiative: +5; Speed: 6
    HP: 37/37, Temp HP:
    Bloodied: 18, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 2/2
    Powers:

    Dark Beckoning
    Taste of Life
    Vampire Slam


    Blood Drinker [ ]
    Warforged Resolve [ ]
    Surprise Strike [ ]
    Burst of Speed [ ]
    Feral Assault [ ]
    Second Wind [ ]
    Action Point [ ]


    Swarm of Shadows [ ]
    Cascading Strikes Ki Focus [ ]

    OOC to Grim
    The spreadsheet is currently view-only.
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #5
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Grimmjow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jamestown, North Dakota, United States
    Posts
    857

    ° Ignore Grimmjow
    Quote Originally Posted by treex View Post
    The spreadsheet is currently view-only.
    OOC: thanks, should be fixed now

  • #6
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Eldreth walks into the office just behind the others and finds a seat in one of the less-fancy chairs like the others in the group.

    "Well, now...a vampire...that be one I ne'er heard afore! No wonder ye be havin' them...things on yer hands..." Eldreth shivers involuntarily at the thought of those needles going to work on her own body.

    "Now, since we all be inter'ducin' ourselves and sayin' what we be good at, do be tellin' us what we can be 'spectin' t'see ya do while we're off on our lil' quest here. 'Asides from drainin' folks o'their fluids I mean..." It's quite obvious that whether he is a team-mate or not...and whether he claims to want to do good...his construction just simply was NOT that of something that was designed for good deeds.

    "Anywho... I be Eldreth. Me Papa taught me t'live honestly, act purely, an' always be helpin' those what can't be helpin' theirselves. I be livin' hard, an' fightin' harder. I be dwarf, an' blessed by th'elementals o'earth. If ye let me, I kin be yer rock. I be lookin' forward t'smashin' a few goblin skulls with ya."

    OOC: @treex: Eldreth's got 13 healing surges...yer gonna wanna get nice'n cozy -friendly like with her... (might be tough) she may well be your main supply of free healing.



    Eldreth's Stats
    Eldreth Forgemark - Dwarf Knight 1
    Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
    AC 20, Fort 17, Reflex 12, Will 10
    HP 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 8, Surges 13/13
    Speed 5, Initiative +0
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
    MBA - +8 vs AC, 1d10(b2)+7 damage RBA - +8 vs AC, Range: 5/10, 1d6+7 damage
    At-Will Powers: Defender Aura, Battle Guardian , Defend the Line, Cleaving Assault
    Encounter Powers: Power Strike [], Stone Panoply [], Dwarven Resilience []

  • #7
    Registered User
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    Someone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Porcˇpolis
    Posts
    6,537

    ° Ignore Someone
    My communities:

    OOC: Since my character isn't in the tavern right now, I though on introducing him once the party is on the road. I don't have the time right now, but I'll send Grimmjow a PM with some detail for his approval

  • #8
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    ° Ignore treex
    Kruor flourishes his hand, suddenly very self-aware. In place of his fingertips, five syringes stick out instead. Near the window, a stream of sunlight flooded in. Kruor sticks a needle into it and it sizzles and splutters as a surge of steam rises from it. When he retracts it from the sun, the needle is now gnarled and rusty.

    "Is not me want, but me make do with what me have. Me daddy said to be good and kind, just like your, say me not like brothers. Your daddy sound like good man, too. I hope you find your daddy. I know me not see mine anymore, it complee-ketated."

    As Kruor sticks out his hand towards Eldreth, a stream of liquid steel surges forth from Kruor's arm. As it flows over the patches of rust, new shiny metal takes it's place. The process took no more than a few seconds, but the blobs of liquid steel retract back into his body and Kruor's syringe-finger hand is now new and shiny.

    "As they say, uh...put 'er there." Kruor offers his hand again, making sure his fingers arch back to avoid poking Eldreth's.

    OOC to CFW
    If it's of any relevance, Kruor would actually prefer if he didn't have to take surges from an ally. Between his racial, Warforged Resolve and class feature, Blood is Life, he can reach defender levels of sturdiness but it's nice to know I can splurge a surge or two on my brand new Encounter Power (that is, if Eldreth is offering)


    OOC
    @Someone: Neat, mix it up abit. Meeting you down the road could help keep things interesting
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #9
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Grimmjow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Jamestown, North Dakota, United States
    Posts
    857

    ° Ignore Grimmjow
    "Alright then, looks like we have a very capable group." Orisk says looking at the heroes before him. "Now sweety," Orisk says referring to Eldreth, "I've adding into the contract the deal. When this is over you can begin helping to search for your father." He then says to the rest of the group, "You can all get to know each other better on the road. As I said before, goblin bandits have taken over one of the old guard towers just east of Daunton. I'm paying you four to go and put an end to them. Any relevant questions? If not, I'll just hand over the contract and you can get started."

  • #10
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    While Eldreth might be a bit judgmental, and perhaps a little too honest at times, but she is always the first to admit when she's made an incorrect judge of character. Tentatively, she reached out and grasped the construct's hand, careful to keep away from the pointy syringe-tipped fingers. After fully gripping the construct's hand and shaking it heartily without ill effect, Eldreth smirks at Kruor.

    "It seems I be needin' t'eat a bit o'crow, swollow me pride, an' a'mit when I be wrong. If'n ye says ye got me back, an that o'all our team, I be belivin' ya. So...what be the deal with th'woman at the Inn callin' ya Corey, then intraducin' yerself as Kruor?"

    Eldreth releases her grip on the now-not-so-monstrous-monster 's hand, but does not retreat a single step. Now instead of being frightened of the creature...she was genuinely curious about him. What could create such a thing? She could only imagine the mental conflict he has in the choices he had to make on a daily basis.

    Swapping fluids

    I think a little more roleplay is needed before she'll let Kruor stick her with his needle-hands... but I think we'll certainly get to that point, especially if something happens in one of our battles that causes Kruor to get hurt from someone she's trying to actively tank, or if we happen to fight a radiant mafia squad or something. So feel free to splurge on your Healing Surge fueled encounter power. I find that I typically only need between 6 and 8 healing surges a day with my characters, so that leaves me with about 5 surges extra (though we'll have to see how these battles go...) that she could use for emergencies and to give to Kruor (and if you happen to stick with Eldreth through the levels...this will only increase, as she has a con secondary stat that she will be bumping at every 4 )


    When Orisk states that the contract is being amended to stipulate that she would recieve help finding her father after this mission was completed, it spurred her even more into action.

    "Great. Then what we be waitin' for? Let's be gettin' t'this ol' guard tower an' start smashin' inna few green noggins!"

    Standing up from her chair, Eldreth waits to make sure the others were ready to go, and then makes to take the contract and make her way to the guard tower.


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Broken Tower - A Free Adventure for Abstract Dungeon Beta Test
      By MatthewJHanson in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Thursday, 29th August, 2013, 07:32 PM
    2. Replies: 512
      Last Post: Saturday, 2nd June, 2012, 04:06 PM
    3. Replies: 807
      Last Post: Saturday, 28th May, 2011, 06:02 AM
    4. [Adventure] KOGAN┘SAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)
      By Sanzuo in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 593
      Last Post: Monday, 24th January, 2011, 05:31 PM
    5. Replies: 1086
      Last Post: Friday, 19th February, 2010, 02:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •