Can't load website in IE

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
IE 8 for me, specifically. The top banner w/ ENWorld logo loads, the grey background loads. Nothing else loads. I had to log in on Firefox to post this. Since the site works fine in one browser but not the other on the same computer, I assume it is an issue w/ IE, and not my computer...

Anyone else having this problem? I tried refreshing / reloading numerous times to no avail.

Nagol

Unimportant
I had the same problem while at work today (ie 8 at work; ie 9 at home).

There is a page creation error. Something like can't adjust the parent container when a child is still open.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Unless you're tied to it for work, why are you using IE8? That one's getting a bit long in the tooth, as browsers go.

Not that the site shouldn't be made to work in IE8, just askin', for information.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I just like it. I like IE in general, but IE 9 has an awful "minimalist" interface and I am happy with 8. Had to downgrade to 8 a while back to use the job application software of one company's website, and was instantly reminded of how much better it was than 9, and so I stuck with it.

I guess eventually I'll have to switch back to 9....

EDIT: And problem is still here, wasn't some temporary bug. In case you were wondering.

possum

First Post
I'm not exactly tied to it, but my MSN internet browser is based off of it. I haven't been able to access the site for a couple of days until I decided to DL Firefox and see if I could get on here with it.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I just tried (I usually use Chrome) and it did not load for me either. I got the logo, but not the number of members, and the top banner ad.

Installing 9 now....

That seems to work fine.

Remove ads