The Devil Made Me Do It

Jon is taking you to see a devil. Or, more accurately, you will be seeing a LOT of devils. Come find out what's going on this week in Dragon's Eye View, and be ready to answer a few questions.

Read The Devil Made Me Do It on D&D Insider here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grimmjow

First Post
i like this topic. Each demon and each devil should feel different from each other but at the same time you should be able to tell which is a demon and which is a devil.

The art here is amazing but my favorite would have to be the first picture that was put up (after the picture with the four)

EDIT: Demons should be creatures of chaos and Devils should look evil, but have order to their appearance. Most of the art made the assassin devil look like that. you knew what she could do, but she wasn't all over the place.

Demons should be the opposite. They should be more animal in appearance than the average devil (who should look humanoid more then animal [most of the time]) An assassin demon should have have three arms and carry no weapons (one of his arms should be some kind of blade while the other two are made for grabbing)

Devil=Humanoid and orderly
Demon=Animal and Random

Last edited:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Images...too.....ittybitty....

I like the three questions, but until I can blow these things up and get a good look at them, I'm not really comfortable judging how they hit or miss the mark.

Still, good to see they're thinking about art on those three axes!

FireLance

Legend
Yes, images are too small.

My guess is, if any of the artists that participated were to post a full-sized illustration in this thread, it might help him garner some votes ... ;)

Gold Roger

First Post
Hm, how to visually differentiate between devils and demons?

I'd say proportion and symmetry.

As creatures of law devils should be of clear symmetry and appropiate proportions. Demons are everything bad about chaos, they should be grossly disproportioned and asymmetrical in appearance.

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
For the first question, I chose Zach Schoenbaum's. Many of the artists met the specific requirements, but few seemed to look beyond them to the "Why" of those requirements. A cloak and sword of shadows, a half-mask, and armor pieces that resemble demonic body parts? Those are all about obfuscation and fear. The target isn't supposed to be able to make out what the assassin is for the few seconds that he sees her.

Zach Schoenbaum shows the assassin holding her cloak like a tool, which to me conveyed the idea that she could wrap herself in it.

That said, my favorite image is by Lee Smith because it's one of the few that convey the idea of an assassin. Most of the others are pictures of a shadowy warrior.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases