The CW developing "The Tomorrow People" remake

Jamdin

Explorer
I caught a few episodes of The Tomorrow People many years ago and I greatly enjoyed it. I would like to see it revived ala Doctor Who but I have my doubts with the CW. It may be a hit or just a big failure. I'm just glad that they are straying away from vampires.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Don't even know what this is. Gonna have to check it out.
Teenagers develop telepathic powers. The first one is teamed up with a ship sent by the Galactic Union. GU is a intergalactic UN. The emergence of the telepaths is the first step for a world being admitted. Tomorrow people are the first step in the evolution of the race. Eventually everyone on a planet is born a Tomorrow Person. (genetic throwbacks exist, but are a rarity).
Main limitation of Tomorrow People, in addition to the fact that the oldest is only about 20, is that they cannot kill. Psychological limitation.
The computer also controls their teleporter/transporter.

It was one BBC channels attempt to counter another BBC channel's Doctor Who. The first season's ridiculously clunky belts are later replaced with much better, more subtle version.

Karak

First Post
Teenagers develop telepathic powers. The first one is teamed up with a ship sent by the Galactic Union. GU is a intergalactic UN. The emergence of the telepaths is the first step for a world being admitted. Tomorrow people are the first step in the evolution of the race. Eventually everyone on a planet is born a Tomorrow Person. (genetic throwbacks exist, but are a rarity).
Main limitation of Tomorrow People, in addition to the fact that the oldest is only about 20, is that they cannot kill. Psychological limitation.
The computer also controls their teleporter/transporter.

It was one BBC channels attempt to counter another BBC channel's Doctor Who. The first season's ridiculously clunky belts are later replaced with much better, more subtle version.
I will have to check it out. I am a sucker for almost all this kind of stuff.

tecnowraith

First Post
I got to thinking about the remake/reboot and the how should the the teleportation be shown? should the homo-superiors stand while jaunting or should they do more action based teleporting like in Jumper or Nightcrawler in Last Stand? Also should they still be pacifists or have some martial arts style they does not do much harm to their opponents? What do you think?

tecnowraith

First Post
The teaser and clip for the series:
[video=youtube_share;8TDKDqoklEI]http://youtu.be/8TDKDqoklEI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;SsjejXi5mGg]http://youtu.be/SsjejXi5mGg[/video]

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I saw an article saying TP looked like it was "a take on Heroes where young people discover they have powers". Not a well-researched article.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases