Corrections to Monsters in the CC

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
In that case, how about this ability (it's the one you posted with a new name)?

Sense Alignment (Su): As a standard action, a narra can sense the alignment of a single creature or object it is touching (chaos, evil, good, or law) as well as the power of this aura (faint, moderate, strong, or overwhelming - see the detect evil spell for details). This ability requires a successful touch attack if the target is being uncooperative. The narra does not risk being stunned if it senses an overwhelming aura with an alignment opposite to its own. This ability can be fooled by any spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability that masks a creature's alignment.

Cleon

Legend
In that case, how about this ability (it's the one you posted with a new name)?

Sense Alignment (Su): As a standard action, a narra can sense the alignment of a single creature or object it is touching (chaos, evil, good, or law) as well as the power of this aura (faint, moderate, strong, or overwhelming - see the detect evil spell for details). This ability requires a successful touch attack if the target is being uncooperative. The narra does not risk being stunned if it senses an overwhelming aura with an alignment opposite to its own. This ability can be fooled by any spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability that masks a creature's alignment.

Well I fancy a name that references it requiring a touch. Maybe "Feel Alignment"?

freyar

"Feel Alignment" works better than "Touch Alignment." OK, I'll make that correction tomorrow in case anyone else wants to comment.

Cleon

Legend
"Feel Alignment" works better than "Touch Alignment." OK, I'll make that correction tomorrow in case anyone else wants to comment.

That version's good enough for me, plug it in and call it a day:

Feel Alignment (Su): As a standard action, a narra can sense the alignment of a single creature or object it is touching (chaos, evil, good or law) as well as the power of this aura (faint, moderate, strong, or overwhelming - see the detect evil spell for details). This ability requires a successful touch attack if the target is being uncooperative. The narra does not risk being stunned if it senses an overwhelming aura with an alignment opposite to its own. This ability can be fooled by any spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability that masks a creature's alignment.

Cleon

Legend
Incidentally, I remember noticing a few old monster entries that have errors in them - minor things like typos or a number that seems a point too high or low.

Are we going to have a discussion of those here, or will we just use this thread as a place to to point them out and correct the entry when we get time?

For example, the Demon Lord "Sch\'theraqpasstt" has a stray \ in front of every apostrophe in its entry. I'm presuming this is an artifact of its entry being edited with a Word Processor that used open/closing ‘quotes’ rather than straight 'quotes'. Come to think of it, I believe there are other monsters in the Creature Catalog that have that problem. Sch'theraqpasstt is just the most obvious, since it has the character-error in its name

Things like that should get fixed too, although going through the CC entry-by-entry to find such problems would be a pain.

freyar

I think we can use this thread to discuss problems or just point them out. There's probably not much need to discuss the \ in "Sch\'theraqpasstt" (that one has bothered me for a long time, too). Anyway, I would like to fix that sort of thing as well, but I also agree that we should do it in bits and pieces when we see problems or have time. As you say, going through the whole CC would be a pretty massive undertaking.

Cleon

Legend
I think we can use this thread to discuss problems or just point them out. There's probably not much need to discuss the \ in "Sch\'theraqpasstt" (that one has bothered me for a long time, too). Anyway, I would like to fix that sort of thing as well, but I also agree that we should do it in bits and pieces when we see problems or have time. As you say, going through the whole CC would be a pretty massive undertaking.

Well it probably makes sense to take a consistent approach otherwise we might end up needlessly duplicating our efforts.

In any case I'll fix Sch\'theraqpasstt tonight. That one's been bothering me for ages.

freyar

Except to undead, the SLAs aren't offensive either. And it can require a touch attack. But I see your point... Fixed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases