Corrections to Monsters in the CC

Cleon

Legend
Except to undead, the SLAs aren't offensive either. And it can require a touch attack. But I see your point... Fixed.

If a creature only has non-offensive SLAs they can be listed under Special Qualities - see the Unicorn for a SRD example.

Since the Narra's SLAs can do damage to some creatures, they're fine staying in the Special Attacks line, though.

Cleon

Legend
Just noticed several problems with the Herdsman Genie in the CC.

Firstly, they're Medium outsiders, not Large ones.

Secondly, I suppose we should rename them "Herder Genies" to be sexually nonspecific.

Thirdly, they've got "Organisation: Solitary" while being sociable creatures who travel in groups with an original No. Appearing of 1-100.

Oops!

I checked the original conversion thread and we never discussed organisation.

The simplest solution would be giving them the same Org as SRD Jann - "Solitary, company (2-4), or band (6-15)".

Shall I update it with that?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That organization seems like it would be fine. I suspect the org was copied-and-pasted from some other critter, and we forgot to discuss it because it was already there!

Was the size correct in the various modifiers (ie, attack bonus, etc)?

Cleon

Legend
That organization seems like it would be fine. I suspect the org was copied-and-pasted from some other critter, and we forgot to discuss it because it was already there!

Yes, it was probably a carry-over from whatever tasked genie we'd converted before that one - the Guardian Genie was the one before it in the thread, and that's both Large and Solitary.

Was the size correct in the various modifiers (ie, attack bonus, etc)?

Yes, there's no Large size penalty to any of its stats.

Might as well just go ahead and correct it then...

...and it's done.

Incidentally, I toyed with the idea of changing the "band" organisation to "family" since that's what the original used, but Jann also live in families and turned into bands for 3E, so keeping the Jann's org seemed most consistent.

Cleon

Legend
We've got an error in the Mystaran Gargantua template.

The template says "can be added to any corporeal, living creature" but it covers incorporeal creatures and the sample creatures include Undead.

I think we should alter the CC entry to "can be added to any creature", since the D&D Immortals Set and Rules Cyclopedia includes Gargantua that are undead (e.g. Mummy), incorporeal undead (e.g. Spectre), and constructs (e.g. Gargoyle - although the BECMI take on a "Construct" is different from 3E).

freyar

Hmmm, OK, I'll agree tot he change, though I'll note that we included a slightly modified "Incorporeal Mystaran Gargantua" template.

freyar

Hmm, I'd been taking that as the uncommon hp damage from poison. But Con damage will work as a "deadly poison."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases