Corrections to Monsters in the CC

Cleon

Legend
Did you delete the old Sentinel Eidolon? Seems odd to have two versions. Maybe the best thing to do is delete the old one and then edit the link in the news item pointing to it.

I did delete the old one and I changed the link in the news item too.

Cleon

Legend
Found a few monsters (The Infernite Magician, Jaguar Priest, Undead Neogi Master, Protiston) with "Spells (Sp):" that should be "Spells:" in their descriptor.

Since they're not SLAs they shouldn't have used (Sp).

I've corrected them all.

Cleon

Legend
Just noticed an error in the Snapper.

Nets are ranged touch attacks, but our entry list them as just ranged.

I've fixed the error in the Attack line but it's still in the Full Attack line, because I'd have to delete & re-enter the entire monster to change that and it didn't seem worth the trouble, especially as we've got some links to the Snapper elsewhere in the CC. (I remember putting one in the Nikt'oo entry and somewhere else - maybe in news? - and don't fancy hunting through the site finding and correcting them).

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Just noticed an error in the Snapper.

Nets are ranged touch attacks, but our entry list them as just ranged.

I've fixed the error in the Attack line but it's still in the Full Attack line, because I'd have to delete & re-enter the entire monster to change that and it didn't seem worth the trouble, especially as we've got some links to the Snapper elsewhere in the CC. (I remember putting one in the Nikt'oo entry and somewhere else - maybe in news? - and don't fancy hunting through the site finding and correcting them).

I agree; let's not delete and rewrite the whole entry just for the Full Attack line...

Gorynych, Crow's-Nest Dragon, Yellow Dragon

The Crow's Nest Dragon lists "breath weapon" in the Special Attacks line, but no breath weapon is described or statted.

The Gorynych and Faerunian Yellow Dragon/Dragon (Yellow) each appear to have two separate entries, or at least two separate links to each.

Cleon

Legend
The Crow's Nest Dragon lists "breath weapon" in the Special Attacks line, but no breath weapon is described or statted.

A crow's nest dragonet's breath weapon is a cloud of fog it uses to cover its escape, like a squid uses an inkcloud.

We must have forgotten to add it in.

Better add a note about it to our Dragons thread.

The Gorynych and Faerunian Yellow Dragon/Dragon (Yellow) each appear to have two separate entries, or at least two separate links to each.

One of those Gorynchs is a 3.0 version and the other is a 3.5 version. There's no point in doing anything to either since they were consigned to be Crypt once WotC published official stats for them.

It's the same story for the Yellow Dragons - the "Dragon (Yellow)" is a 3.0 conversion and the "Faerûnian Yellow Dragon" is 3.5.

Most of the double entries are like that, with the oldest being D&D 3.0 and the more recent one an "upversion" into 3.5.

Cleon

Legend
I'm making a note of minor errors in the CC entries here so I can remember to correct them once Darjr has finished migrating it to a new server.

Here are the ones I have noticed recently.

The Ichthyodrake has a bunch of funny apostrophes that go \' instead of ’ or '. (At least I managed to correct its name before our server issues. It used to be the erroneous Icthyodrake, which bothered me for ages.) There are some other creatures that have that problem.

Speaking of apostrophes. The Ba’atun needs to have a straight ' in its name so its alphabeticized with all its kin, the Ba'atun Wing Sergeant, Flight Leader, and so on rather than being stuck down just above the Bears.

The Gurrash is missing a comma in its Organization line, which should start "Solitary, gang". It also has a "shazak" that ought to be a "gurrash" in its Racial Skills line.

The Cobra Dragon should be Lawful Evil, not Neutral. It also has some of the \' apostrophe problems and an x I could change into a × multiplication symbol.

EXTRA! EXTRA!!: The Silver Slime Megalium Working Draft needs to be added to the CC Silver Slime.

Last edited:

Cleon

Legend
The CC has the Cobra Dragon as "usually neutral" but in the conversion thread, it's identified as Lawful Evil.

Oops! They're LE in their Dragon #146 original, so that's wrong.

Probably a copy-and-paste error from using a Neutral dragon as a template and forgetting to change it.

Better add it to the list of corrections.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases