Alignmet help

emoplato

First Post
I asking this so i can sett up a bio on character I am working right now. I had her in so in love that she was will to let a dark priest married her and her lover in a dark ceremony. Below is what I have written so far on the character that should help out. Also she really does love Ranylor.

Seducing the warror who is also a sculptor Ranylor was her first and last job as a succubus.
• She managed to seduce Ranylor and turn him Chaotic Evil

• After revealing her true from to Ranylor he thought she was a goddess. Ranylor was in love with her and thought her demon form was a goddess in terms of beauitful. Her being a succubus did not stop Ranylor being in love with her.
• She was captured and tried from being a demon. She was sentenced to be burned at the stake. Ranylor rescues her from nearly being burned alive at the stake.
• She and Ranylor run away from Ranylor's home town.
• Three months after Ranylor had left his hown town he proposed to her.
• A months after proposing to her Ranylor had found an evil preist who would marry him and her.
• Three months after getting married she was pregnant.
• She gave birth to a beautiful Alu-Fiend daughter.
• Five mother after giving birth her daughter and Ranylor where capture at their home by a Cleric. The cleric traped her daughter and Ranylor in their house and set the house on fire. Her daughter and Ranylor where burn alive in the fire that burned their house.
• She was on her way home whe she saw what was left of her burnt house. After searching the burn wreck of her house she found the body of her dead daughter and her husband Ranylor.
Answer to your question: Chaotic Evil
Also burn damage only deals 1d6 damage, it would take a while.

Dozen

First Post
I second Emoplato's motion. She most likely stayed Evil. Nothing have motivated her to change her moral outlook or philosophy. At best she's just pissed at the cleric. At worst she'll go and burn everything in sight to blow off some steam, because, well, demon. Though you could argue that the destruction of her home and family taught her to loath destruction, she turned Neutral or Lawful on the Ethical axis, and this decision could serve as a basis for her eventual redemption. She may also save other people from burning alive, which is as a Good start as any(pun absolutely intended).

Also burn damage only deals 1d6 damage, it would take a while.
That... makes it worse:.-(

Last edited:

I concur. I see nothing that would indicate any kind of shift in alignment- even assuming that the succubus somehow came to love the human in the first place. Is there a specific reason why you are looking for the alternate alignment, other than your party thinking about it? If so, having her get married to a chaotic evil husband is probably not the way to do it. Just saying.

I'm also a little confused- is your character the succubus, or the alufiend daughter?

Last edited:

Wycen

Explorer
There is also the obvious story I didn't bother to post but never forget the question, "What can change the nature of a man?"

http://torment.wikia.com/wiki/Fall-from-Grace

Also, I don't want to pile on the objections to your idea, but have you considered how the mortal was able to resist being energy drained, and thus killed when making love to your succubus? Oh, wait, in your case since you are using Savage Species, I assume you haven't reached the level where you get energy drain. Hmm.

Anyhoo, I'd suggest going Chaotic Neutral. Rather than being psycho like many people play Chaotic Neutral, the neutral aspect reflects your character's altered sense of justice, fair play, and humanity. Rage and hatred may still be strong motivators, but they are tempered by considerations of "what future consequences will this have?" or "eh, whatever, no big deal".

griffonwing

First Post
Just the fact that she wanted to get married, that would follow the laws of the land, and would push a few marks toward Lawful alignment.

Evenglare

Adventurer
The initial question is flawed. Let me elaborate.

CE Medium outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)

There. A succubus is this. A the succubus wouldnt do ANY of those things mentioned in the original post. That being said, if this is some special character or something, then it's anything you or the DM would want it to be or act. There is no need for deep philosophical discussion about this. The game DEFINES succubusses... succubi(?) as evil, and as such they act in a certain way.

griffonwing

First Post
The initial question is flawed. Let me elaborate.

CE Medium outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)

There. A succubus is this. A the succubus wouldnt do ANY of those things mentioned in the original post. That being said, if this is some special character or something, then it's anything you or the DM would want it to be or act. There is no need for deep philosophical discussion about this. The game DEFINES succubusses... succubi(?) as evil, and as such they act in a certain way.
That is correct. However, as this is a player character, we must put out a few assumptions or possibilities...special circumstances for the Succubi. And the one that, to me, most fits her description is LE.

The character in question, while possibly playing CE, was only doing so under pressure of her peers. Following the crowd. Trying to perform the actions that it was being taught, and swimming against the current of her own beliefs.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Just the fact that she wanted to get married, that would follow the laws of the land, and would push a few marks toward Lawful alignment.

Nothing says the chaotic evil can't do things that coincidentally follow the law of the land. They don't have to drive on the wrong side even if the semi is coming right at them, and they can slow down below the speed limit if they want to rubberneck or if they think its funny to tweak the cop who wants to pull them over.

Did she get married because it was the law of the land, or in spite of it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases