60 Acre "Dungeon" For Sale

Aeolius

Adventurer
Atchinson Cave Storage Facility - starting bid at $110,000
FTWOR713005001B.JPG

More info Here and Here
Loads of pictures in This PDF (large file)

I was reminded of the guy who bought a missile silo then planned to turn the space into condos for doomsday preppers to the tune of $2 million/unit. And yes, they sold out!

Fast Learner

First Post
I grew up just a handful of miles from there, had no idea those specific caves/mines existed (though there are a lot of cave storage areas along the Missouri river).

You'd have to pay me quite a lot of money to live in that area again, however, cool cave thing or not. Very boring, rural, and now highly economically depressed.

Janx

Hero
I grew up just a handful of miles from there, had no idea those specific caves/mines existed (though there are a lot of cave storage areas along the Missouri river).

You'd have to pay me quite a lot of money to live in that area again, however, cool cave thing or not. Very boring, rural, and now highly economically depressed.

So, if you bought the cave system, you could find cheap labor to dress up as orcs to man the dungeon.

Then invite high dollar tourists to come in and explore the dungeon and wipe out orcs.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Local community college drama department should be able to provide decent orc actors. Or the football team(s).
So, if you are willing to invest a large fortune, (maybe you can get a volume discount from Spirit?), you can maybe help the economy of a small portion of the country recover. Hey, if Disney buys Hasbro, maybe you can sell the place to them as a ready-made D&D theme park?

Janx

Hero
Local community college drama department should be able to provide decent orc actors. Or the football team(s).
So, if you are willing to invest a large fortune, (maybe you can get a volume discount from Spirit?), you can maybe help the economy of a small portion of the country recover. Hey, if Disney buys Hasbro, maybe you can sell the place to them as a ready-made D&D theme park?

anybody going to school in a rural area already has prospects/resources.

You're target is the unemployed who can't afford to go to school. They need the work, so they'll be happy to accept a dunk in the green dye tank and 3 hours of weapons training so they can man their station in the dungeon.

Might need to figure out the worker's comp thing, as you'll probably expect some on the job casualties.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
You know what surprises me? no one has proposed the ultimate coolness solution:
Turn it into a film studio complex, with sound stages, support facilities, and such like. Imagine actually having the Bat Mobile drive into a cave.
But yes, make it its own micro-city. Give Hollywood a real middle-america rival. Completely rebuild the economy of the region, create a new industry, and the actors and crew will be breathing much cleaner air.
And the new industry would not be competing with or disrupting neighboring facilities. The only real pollution would be garbage and exhaust from the generators and cars...

frankthedm

First Post
SOunds like a steal, but...

Some hazardous materials have been identified at a former landfill at the site and groundwater monitoring is being conducted in cooperation with the State of Kansas.[3][4]

And how do underground storage facilities get treated for property taxes?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases