D&D 5th Edition Did they remove warlock and sorcerer from the playtest?





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Evenglare's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Euless Tx
    Posts
    1,020

    ° Ignore Evenglare

    Did they remove warlock and sorcerer from the playtest?

    Title pretty much says it all. I recently downloaded the newest version of the play test and they didnt include warlock or sorcerer that I'm seeing. Am I correct in assuming this or am I just blind and they are elsewhere?

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Nellisir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,866
    Blog Entries
    7

    ° Ignore Nellisir
    Quote Originally Posted by Evenglare View Post
    Title pretty much says it all. I recently downloaded the newest version of the play test and they didnt include warlock or sorcerer that I'm seeing. Am I correct in assuming this or am I just blind and they are elsewhere?
    Yes, they removed the sorcerer and the warlock. The most recent version has the cleric, fighter, monk, rogue, and wizard.
    Secrets of the Shadowend - Notes, scribblings, writings, and memorandum on the Shadowend Campaign Setting.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    shidaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cheyenne
    Posts
    2,928

    ° Ignore shidaku
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellisir View Post
    Yes, they removed the sorcerer and the warlock. The most recent version has the cleric, fighter, monk, rogue, and wizard.
    I honestly haven't been playtesting much but I noticed this as well, was there a particular statement issued or certain problems commonly found that casued their removal? The current incarnation of the "core 5" classes don't seem spectacularly altered from last time to be deserving of renewed focus.

  • #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shidaku View Post
    I honestly haven't been playtesting much but I noticed this as well, was there a particular statement issued or certain problems commonly found that casued their removal? The current incarnation of the "core 5" classes don't seem spectacularly altered from last time to be deserving of renewed focus.
    They're changing a lot of spellcasting stuff for the NEXT playtest, so they held off on the sorcerer and warlock for now.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    shidaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cheyenne
    Posts
    2,928

    ° Ignore shidaku
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRoboNinja View Post
    They're changing a lot of spellcasting stuff for the NEXT playtest, so they held off on the sorcerer and warlock for now.
    Ah I see, that makes good sense then.

  • #6
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Jester Canuck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,849
    Blog Entries
    2
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Jester Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by shidaku View Post
    Ah I see, that makes good sense then.
    They also wanted to renew the focus on the big four classes, especially testing them at higher levels. We got the monk as a bonus likely because they wanted to gauge feedback on it using meanuvers.
    My gaming Webcomic 5 Minute Workday at www.5mwd.com

  • #7
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Nellisir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    3,866
    Blog Entries
    7

    ° Ignore Nellisir
    Mearls mentioned it in an article (Class Acts?) around the last week of October. As mentioned, they wanted to keep focus on the core four, and there is some new idea for spellcasting classes that might show up in the next go-round and significantly affect those two.
    Secrets of the Shadowend - Notes, scribblings, writings, and memorandum on the Shadowend Campaign Setting.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Evenglare's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Euless Tx
    Posts
    1,020

    ° Ignore Evenglare
    Didnt they also mention they were several playtests ahead of the ones released? Their blogs are very confusing, as far as what is going on with the playtesting.

  • #9

    ...

    Praised be to Crom that they're doing this playtesting...hopefully we'll get something decent to play in the end.

    (...after going down several blind alleys so far...to lead the flock they need to also listen. good thing too, b/c there's a lot of cruft in there that needs fixin', bad)

  • #10
    Registered User
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    shidaku's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cheyenne
    Posts
    2,928

    ° Ignore shidaku
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Canuck View Post
    They also wanted to renew the focus on the big four classes, especially testing them at higher levels. We got the monk as a bonus likely because they wanted to gauge feedback on it using meanuvers.
    Well I certainly hope testing expands to include the second wave of classes, I'd hate to see this be a repeat of earlier classes with the second set being either grossly under or over-powered.

    ...personally I hope they give us playtests of any new prospective classes!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. D&D Next Playtest FAQ Updated To Remove Ban on Virtual Table
      By Plaguescarred in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Monday, 12th November, 2012, 07:50 PM
    2. Warlock and Sorcerer
      By Wraith101 in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 23rd August, 2012, 05:34 PM
    3. Warlock and Sorcerer
      By KaiiLurker in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 143
      Last Post: Tuesday, 21st August, 2012, 04:11 PM
    4. Playtest: Warlock Updates
      By Aegeri in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 67
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th June, 2011, 04:52 PM
    5. Help with warlock/sorcerer build
      By Lanamelach in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Tuesday, 1st July, 2008, 05:35 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •