D&D 5E Did they remove warlock and sorcerer from the playtest?

Evenglare

Adventurer
Title pretty much says it all. I recently downloaded the newest version of the play test and they didnt include warlock or sorcerer that I'm seeing. Am I correct in assuming this or am I just blind and they are elsewhere?

Nellisir

Hero
Title pretty much says it all. I recently downloaded the newest version of the play test and they didnt include warlock or sorcerer that I'm seeing. Am I correct in assuming this or am I just blind and they are elsewhere?

Yes, they removed the sorcerer and the warlock. The most recent version has the cleric, fighter, monk, rogue, and wizard.

S

Sunseeker

Yes, they removed the sorcerer and the warlock. The most recent version has the cleric, fighter, monk, rogue, and wizard.

I honestly haven't been playtesting much but I noticed this as well, was there a particular statement issued or certain problems commonly found that casued their removal? The current incarnation of the "core 5" classes don't seem spectacularly altered from last time to be deserving of renewed focus.

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
I honestly haven't been playtesting much but I noticed this as well, was there a particular statement issued or certain problems commonly found that casued their removal? The current incarnation of the "core 5" classes don't seem spectacularly altered from last time to be deserving of renewed focus.

They're changing a lot of spellcasting stuff for the NEXT playtest, so they held off on the sorcerer and warlock for now.

Nellisir

Hero
Mearls mentioned it in an article (Class Acts?) around the last week of October. As mentioned, they wanted to keep focus on the core four, and there is some new idea for spellcasting classes that might show up in the next go-round and significantly affect those two.

Evenglare

Adventurer
Didnt they also mention they were several playtests ahead of the ones released? Their blogs are very confusing, as far as what is going on with the playtesting.

Gorgoroth

Banned
Banned

Praised be to Crom that they're doing this playtesting...hopefully we'll get something decent to play in the end.

(...after going down several blind alleys so far...to lead the flock they need to also listen. good thing too, b/c there's a lot of cruft in there that needs fixin', bad)

S

Sunseeker

They also wanted to renew the focus on the big four classes, especially testing them at higher levels. We got the monk as a bonus likely because they wanted to gauge feedback on it using meanuvers.

Well I certainly hope testing expands to include the second wave of classes, I'd hate to see this be a repeat of earlier classes with the second set being either grossly under or over-powered.

...personally I hope they give us playtests of any new prospective classes!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases