The Walking Dead 3.7 "When the Dead Come Knocking" (spoiler warning)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Just putting this out there in anticipation of tonight's episode. The previews look pretty intense. I wonder how Michonne at the gates will be resolved? What will happen with Glenn, Maggie & good ole Merle?

NewJeffCT

First Post
some intense stuff in this episode, including Glenn being beaten & tortured, and then left alone with a walker while duct-taped to a chair. Then, Maggie being forced to strip by the governor...

Looks like next week could be pretty good - mid season finale, with Daryl & Merle being reunited, Michonne, Rick, Daryl and Oscar launching an assault on Woodbury. Was hoping they'd show either Andrea or Merle on the wall for the the gang to see.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Nice set up for a finale. Everything's about to come together.

I gagged a bit at the notion of this hermit. Is it seriously possible that someone in this world doesn't understand the threat that walkers present? He seemed utterly clueless about the mob at his door.

Oddly I found Maggie's interrogation more difficult to watch than Glen's. Was pretty disappointed that she gave the group up though.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Nice set up for a finale. Everything's about to come together.

I gagged a bit at the notion of this hermit. Is it seriously possible that someone in this world doesn't understand the threat that walkers present? He seemed utterly clueless about the mob at his door.

Oddly I found Maggie's interrogation more difficult to watch than Glen's. Was pretty disappointed that she gave the group up though.

I don't think it was very odd - it was pretty disturbing. I'm guessing Maggie gave up the group because the Governor said he'd bring more than Glenn's hand to her if she didn't.

I thought Glenn true lay showed what a bad ass he is, and I really feel that it was rougher onmaggie, threat of rape, humiliation, listening to someone you love being beat...

The rational part of my brain says the threat of killing my SO should not work, torture one of us failed, and if you kill x you have no threat left and no reason to get help... But I assume my rational thoughts would not work at a moment like that

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Not clueless. Cracked. As I saw it, the man wasn't entirely sane any more.

I thought Glenn true lay showed what a bad ass he is, and I really feel that it was rougher onmaggie, threat of rape, humiliation, listening to someone you love being beat...

In a ensemble cast with so few episodes a season, it can be hard to get proper focus. The scene thankfully showed that Glen (and by extension, everyone in Rick's group) has become a pretty hardcore badass. This is backed up by the Governor's surprise at what the group had managed to accomplish at the prison. There is safety in numbers, but safety makes you soft, I guess :)

As for Maggie, yes. The Governor is pretty clearly a master manipulator. I don't think he ever expected to get Glen to talk. He set it up so Maggie heard him being beaten, heard him fight off the walker. Then, he made her feel weak and extremely vulnerable. Then, threatened the only thing she'd think of as protection and safety and real strength in this place. After hearing what he'd already gone through to protect those he cares about, she knew darned well Glen wasn't going to break. And if one of them didn't break, she could guess the Governor would finish what he'd started with her, and Glen would be dead...

That isn't weakness any more. That's just too much psychological pressure for a person to be expected to take.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Not clueless. Cracked. As I saw it, the man wasn't entirely sane any more.
And yet somehow hadn't been eaten yet?

NewJeffCT said:
I'm guessing Maggie gave up the group because the Governor said he'd bring more than Glenn's hand to her if she didn't.
I guess it boils down to two thing. One, when he made threats, she bought them. Two, she values Glen more than the group. Both are understandable, I just wanted her to go the other way.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And yet somehow hadn't been eaten yet?

Yep. The human mind is a wonderful thing - it can hold mutually exclusive ideas as true. I've no problem thinking he could handle the day-to-day tactics of keeping walkers off his tail while still not grasping the situation with other human beings. He probably hasn't *been* very far from his shack since things started...

I guess it boils down to two thing. One, when he made threats, she bought them. Two, she values Glen more than the group. Both are understandable, I just wanted her to go the other way.

From her point of view, she already knew they were willing to toss a walker in with a bound man. She's got *zero* reason to think they're not going to follow through with threats.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Here's my theory on Judith. By being in her mother's womb, she was protected somewhat by the virus, but exposed to it in a lower dosage, so that she's become immune to it, and can pass this down to her children. They can also synthesize a cure from her blood. I can't believe they didn't call her Eve. I know I've seen that somewhere before, but where? I can't STAND the suspense!

Either that or she'll become a trojan horse like her namesake. It can't be a coincidence that they chose that particular name, a name the audience wasn't familiar with with so many choices like Sophia, Lori, etc.

Either way, looks like we're going to see a fast forward of several years soon if she's to play a part of any kind.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases