New Monsters - Need Critique

Next Up: Silt Slug

Explanation:

- Fixed HP
- I removed stacking from Static Boost, and reduced its range (Balance)
- I am changing the name of Static Flash to Static Wave and reworked it to something more in character. Also, it’s a Close Burst (corrected).
- I reworked Static Arc to be less complex.
- Fixed Static Push's special comment. (Thanks 'the Jester')

- Clarification, Static Push is mostly a tool for positioning enemies to trigger Static Arc. But also to manipulate the battlefield in general. Because it’s a minor action, a single target can be pushed up to 3 times a round.

Let's have a go at Static Arc then.

Static Arc (Standard) At Will Melee 2
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs Fortitude. This attack has Combat Advantage against any foe in metal armour.
Hit: 2d6+3 lightning damage and make the attack against a target within two squares of your target who has not been hit by Static Arc this turn.

Static Push doesn't need the Special line at all - so much has forced movement that it's assumed. And one of my rules of 4e is "Monsters belong in their own pit traps"

And I think the big fleshy slug is turning into a Brute - melee (two square range), big and fleshy, and easy to hit.

Roguedeus

First Post
Silt Slug Changes:
- I am attempting to keep the primary spark (pun) of this creature, which was the Static Arc and shifting enemies to trigger it… But, as was pointed out, this thing got to be a bit too beefy in the britches for a level 2 Controller.
- Simplified Static Arc a bit and made it a standard action.
- Made Static Push into a Will based attack, removed the damage component and renamed it Static Pulse.

Silt Slug Brooder Changes"
- Reduced the effect of Static Stun

Attachments

• SiltSlug_mm3_v4_.jpg
    SiltSlug_mm3_v4_.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 46
  • SiltSlugBrooder_mm3_v3c_.jpg
    SiltSlugBrooder_mm3_v3c_.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 41

Roguedeus

First Post
Let's have a go at Static Arc then.

Static Arc (Standard) At Will Melee 2
Target: One creature
Attack: +7 vs Fortitude. This attack has Combat Advantage against any foe in metal armour.
Hit: 2d6+3 lightning damage and make the attack against a target within two squares of your target who has not been hit by Static Arc this turn.

Static Push doesn't need the Special line at all - so much has forced movement that it's assumed. And one of my rules of 4e is "Monsters belong in their own pit traps"

And I think the big fleshy slug is turning into a Brute - melee (two square range), big and fleshy, and easy to hit.

Thanks for that suggestion. I used it as a secondary attack, but kept it ranged. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases