Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Launches Today!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yep, the wait is over! The new edition of the classic Baldur's Gate launches today on the PC! It'll be followed shortly by the iPad version, and then the Mac version.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows is available as a direct download from Beamdog, with no client install necessary. Pre-load the game now so you can access it immediately after release on November 28th! (That's today!)

Go here to get it - it's $19.99. That's the pre-order, but presumably it will be available to you later today.

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur's Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons™ computer role-playing games ever since.

Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™ includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never before seen content including a new adventure, and three new party members: The Calishite Monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the Wild Mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Windows contains the following enhancements:

New Adventure: The Black Pits
New Character: Dorn Il-Khan
New Character: Neera the Wild Mage
New Character: Rasaad yn Bashir
A new collection of player character voice sets
Native support for high resolution widescreen displays
Over 400 improvements to the original game
Improved multiplayer support, with connectivity between all platforms

Attachments

• NeeraPortrait.jpg
    NeeraPortrait.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 176

Szatany

First Post
Just curious - has any of the D&D mechanics in this version changed? Any changes to task resolution, skills, abilities, spells, statistics etc?
What I found myself is this:
- the level cap for the game will be raised
- all improvements from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and its expansion packs are being imported into the game,[9] this includes classes, subraces and class kits previously unavailable (including dual-wielding). (don't know what those are)
- previously unavailable classes such as the Blackguard will be available to the game via new adventures

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm downloading it now. I guess their servers might be a bit hammered right now, as I'm only getting a 50-70kbs download speed (it's got 1.8GB to go!)

Sonny

Adventurer
Keep in mind the game unlocks at 12 pm PST. So anyone who has the game download will have to wait another hour before playing.

Edit: Because time zones apparently confuse me.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Okay, I'm not the most tech-savvy geek here by a longshot, so I want to make sure I'm getting this straight:

No client-side install? So we're essentially playing this off their server (e.g. in "the cloud")?

I ask because I prefer to buy games, as opposed to renting them, which is what this sounds like. Is that the case?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Okay, I'm not the most tech-savvy geek here by a longshot, so I want to make sure I'm getting this straight:

No client-side install? So we're essentially playing this off their server (e.g. in "the cloud")?

I ask because I prefer to buy games, as opposed to renting them, which is what this sounds like. Is that the case?

I dunno. I got an installer exe thingy which is downloading 1.8GB of stuff right now.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases