D&D 5E next playtest packet due when?

heptat

Explorer
Sorry if I've missed this, but has anyone from WotC said, or suggested, when the next D&D Next might be? Thanks.

nightwalker450

First Post
I would expect another packet in December or January. Since the option for the next season of D&D Encounters is to play D&D Next, I would expect them to try and get an updated packet out then.

Let's see. May, August, October. So 2-3 months.
But given the two week death zone at the end of December and start of January I'd expect closer to the three month end-of-January mark. This one is also likely a revision to monsters as well as PCs so that will take longer, likely inflating the development time.
As the "something new and small" micro-update, I expect a couple small modules to test in mid-February.
After that I would expect new classes and revisions to races in mid-April.

Howndawg

Explorer
I think maybe a mini packet like the magic item one. Perhaps the paladin (we all know Santa is lawful good:)), a revised and expanded equipment list (lots of toys), and the gnome (because we all know who Santa's helpers REALLY are:lol:).

gyor

Legend
How is Santa Lawful Good? He breaks into homes to mess with people's stalkings. Anyways I'm betting/hoping its tommorrow the next packet is released. From recent LLs it seems clear that things are about to pop out more frequently as they become satisfied with the basic core. I'm betting it will have the Paladin, Monk, Wizard, Cleric, and Rogue in it. The last one was disappointing, but I have huge hopes for this one.

Remove ads