The Walking Dead 3.8 - Made to Suffer (midseason finale - SPOILER warning)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Well, even though it's been several days, I figured I'd put this out there in case anybody wanted to discuss the midseason finale.

Some good action in this episode - Rick, Daryl, Oscar and Michonne assaulted Woodbury using smoke grenades and stealth to get into the town and cause some chaos. Michonne had a good showdown with the Governor, and Penny... I think the Governor is going to go off the deep end with the loss of Penny, though, and maybe become more like the Sadistic SOB he is the GNs.

Nice twist on the end with the Governor turning on Merle, and tossing the captured Daryl in with him - and, off to the screamer pits. Should be interesting to see what happens next. I keep thinking Merle might be a double agent and they're playing on Daryl and his brotherly love. They fight some toothless walkers, and escape by some miracle... make their way back to the prison where Merle works from the inside for The Governor. Merle apologizes to Glenn and says The Governor forced him to do it.

And, the one black male rule applied again - Oscar dies, and then we have Tyreese and company entering the prison. Looks like they don't have Tyreese's daughter, though, as Sasha is listed as his sister in the credits.

Long wait till the next episode.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Black guys in Sci-Fi: the original Highlanders. ("There can be only one!")

I just hope Tyreese lasts longer than he did in the GN - he's one of my favorite characters' of the entire series. Timing-wise, he was in the GN:
and he was killed by The Governor while they were still at the prison. But, he also arrived before the group got to Hershel's farm.

It also remains to be seen if they go into things like (more GN spoilers)
Tyreese & Carol were an item for a while - the show is setting up a Carol/Daryl relationship, I think. And, Tyreese's daughter was dating a white kid as well. If they seem reluctant to have more than one black male, will they go into black/white relationships?

Last edited:

Remove ads