OOC Scotley's Carrion Crown Pathfinder game

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Well, it looks as though my MSXML files have gotten somehow corrupted. Although diagnostics says they're OK, several programs I use (including, unfortunately, HeroLab) say that they're not and are not working correctly.

I've got a few more things to try to get them fixed, but if they don't pan out I'll be spending significant time making sure everything's backed up, then doing a clean install of Windows (and a lot of praying). SO, if I disappear from the boards for a day or two (I surely hope that's all it ends up taking) that's where I'll be.

mleibrock

First Post
Sorry I have not been on the boards in a while. Next weekend is our youngest's pinewood derby and I have also been repainting our master bathroom's ceiling. We have a skylight in the bathroom which is really nice to have natural light in there but being in Chi-beria, it also develops a lot of condensation and ice and that runs down the ceiling to the wall when it thaws leaving water stains. It finally got to me so I have to paint. Coat one is now down - I'll do coat two next weekend. Here's a pic of the car - I wired in working lights that you can't see because I can't attach a video. The race is next Sat so I'll let you know how we did then.

Attachments

• IMG_2775.JPG
    IMG_2775.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 812

Scotley

Hero
Nice. I expect he'll do well. That's a fine looking vehicle. Good luck with the painting! We are redoing a bedroom that was a kids room into a guest room, so I'm going to be joining in the next couple weeks.

mleibrock

First Post
I'm glad I'm where I am and not where you are. Painting is the pits. Though doing the ceiling is the worst of the worst. There are not many things I REALLY hate but painting rooms is one of them - it just really makes me anxious.

Leif

Adventurer
Back in in high school, I worked as a house painter, I guess for a little over two years. I don't mind the interior jobs much. Ceilings can suck, but you can get 'er done pretty quickly if you have a big enough roller. I used about a 24-inch roller, so it's possible to do some serious damage with that sucker. The hardest part is when you start you have to paint around the edges of the ceiling with a brush, to keep from smearing ceiling paint on the walls with your roller. What really sucks is painting external siding with a brush. But, I was able to knock out Scotley's little bitty (doll) house on Citiizen Street in Jonesboro with a brush in just a little over one day.

The difference was that on the first job I mentioned, I was working for my dad who was a painting contractor (now retired), so I had access to all of his equipment. On the job for Scotley, I was flying solo, and I never bought a great deal of equipment. Dad would have let me use his stuff, I'm sure, but I didn't think about that, and I kinda wanted to do it all on my own, anyway.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases