OOC Scotley's Carrion Crown Pathfinder game

Scotley

Hero
He did a damn fine job too. When he went to law school the world lost a quality house painter. That paint job held up for a dozen years or so until I sold the house.

Leif

Adventurer
I didn't know you did that, Leif. For me, that would have been one of those 'character building' jobs. :)
It was that, for sure! When I first started helping Dad, he asked me what I wanted to do for a living one day. I said, "I just figured I'd paint houses." Dad looked like somebody had just shot his dog, and he let out a mournful wail, "Nooooo." He told me he'd rather I do anything but that.

He did a damn fine job too. When he went to law school the world lost a quality house painter. That paint job held up for a dozen years or so until I sold the house.
Thank you very much, sir! I knew I was on the right track with it when your dad came by to check on my progress once. I was on about the third side of the house. He walked up, coming around the back of the house to where I was, so I knew he had just been all around the house checking up on me. When I saw him, he broke into a big grin and asked me how I was doing. So I got the idea that he was pretty pleased with my work.

But, seriously, if I had realized at the time that I was that good at it, I probably would have looked for a painting job in Conway when we were there at Hendrix, and then I wouldn't have been just another poor, broke college student. There was a building boom just starting in Conway at that time, so I probably could have made as much money as I wanted. Instead, I went to law school, turned my back on my talent, and became another a**hole with a law degree.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Oh, Scotty, I almost forgot: just ran into your mom at Sam's! I hadn't seen her in awhile, so I wasn't totally sure it was her, She had never seen my beard, and didn't recognize me with a ball cap on anyway. She looked right at me and I saw no spark of recognition, so I just walked on by. Then I said, you know what, I'm going to speak to her anyway! And sure enough, it was Mrs. Barbara! She said your dad was doing just fine, too, and said that I look like my daddy with my beard. (Mine is better and longer than his, but I won't rub his face in it, and I sure wouldn't say that to someone paying me a compliment.) My brain totally disengaged when I saw her, so I forgot to introduce her to Wanda and Ashlee, who were behind us at the snack bar dining area, eating those exquisite Sam's/Nathan's hot dogs!

Scotley

Hero
Cool, I have got to get up to see her myself for her birthday. My dad has been struggling with recovery from a triple bypass. Poor guy could only chainsaw and split logs for 4 hours before he stated to get tired. Being only 75 he expects to do a full eight hour day of physical labor in sub-zero weather.

Leif

Adventurer
Shoot, I'd go up there and split wood for him again! Especially if it could earn me a Mrs. Barbara breakfast afterwards!

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Sick kid and a very stressful work week (month, really) are conspiring against me - I haven't made much progress on any of my gaming stuff. Playing as fast as I can!

Scotley

Hero
Just a quick heads up. I am on track to become a grandfather next week. My daughter lives about 3 hours away, so when the expected bundle of joy arrives I may drop off the boards for a few days. I'll try to give a more timely notice when we get the word, but these things have a way of happening with little warning and I don't expect my wife is going to let me pause for a few posts before we hit the road.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It seems like we're talking in circles here. Or maybe I'm confused. My understanding is that it's hours yet until dusk, so if we go to the square now it'll be for a picnic lunch and a day in the park while we wait for dark. Which is fine, but there's other stuff to be done. It's true that going back to the prison might not be our best bet right now, as it could leave us in poor condition to deal with whatever's leaving the writing on the statue when the time comes. But we could surely hit up the church, the bookstore and the town archives for some more information about the prison, the fire, the warden and his wife, and the prisoners being held when the fire happened.

All that might not need to be role-played out if we're worried about dragging things out, but we could certainly at least tell Scotley where we're headed and get some rolls in to find out what we find out. That way we could pass the day quickly but without wasting the time and jump forward to the part everyone's so eager to get to.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases