Some notes on Spam Control & New Users

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is there not some vBulletin add on that would help reduce spam accounts? I would have thought that vBulletin would have done their own, or some third party add on. It's not like spam is unique to EN World, so there must be something out there?

There are many dozens, and we use many of them. Spammers evolve. The current one is one called "bio man" which currently isn't stopped by existing measures, although I am expecting a plug-in for it today.

NarcoticSqurl

First Post
I've browsed the forum before, but never joined because it seemed rather intimidating. With a large community like this, of course it would :p. But this is my first post. Introductory shtuff coming soon!

Keith Robinson

Explorer
There are many dozens, and we use many of them. Spammers evolve. The current one is one called "bio man" which currently isn't stopped by existing measures, although I am expecting a plug-in for it today.

Shame, but I guess that's the spammers for you. They don't care what they spoil. Good luck with it all the same, Morrus!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Hmm...make them talk to me. I mean, actually give me a call and talk to me. I'll sort 'em out...

For a sensible fee, of course.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hmm...make them talk to me. I mean, actually give me a call and talk to me. I'll sort 'em out...

For a sensible fee, of course.
Yup, sure ting boss. An' I'll intoduce dem gizez kneekaps to my 3 lb sledge. May be iz treet dem to uh knuckle sammich, eh boss?

Remove ads