Dark or Light forum skin?

Dark or Light forum skin?

• Dark, which is currently labelled Legacy

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • Light, which is currently labelled Reborn

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Both, depending on which browser or machine I am sitting at.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I use Stylish or other on the fly software and get greens, purples and pinks!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Satin Knights

First Post
This is a fairly simple question: Are you using the dark (Legacy) or light (Reborn) forum skin when reading and playing in the games?

I am using the dark skin and do a lot of color markups in my posts. I even have a tendency to hide info with black text on the black background. The dark forum skin is much easier on the eyes for an old fart like me.

I noticed one of the new player's posts in the DWI had black text where I didn't expect him to be hiding info, so it looks like he at least is going with the blinding white side of things.

This poll is a curiosity, for the most part, at the moment. But I am wondering if we should have a suggested color scheme in the newbie sticky to achieve a bit of consistency. With the upgraded software, I have noticed many of the color choices have disappeared. But, the new color chooser does have the very nice feature of "Automatic". That color is the default text color of the theme in question, so it removes any color markups when you click it. Right now, both themes go with a default of gray, but that may vary over time.

-SK

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
i enjoy the legacy look alot better, as there is a lot less white.

Also, since most of the older LPF players played on a dark background, their combat infomation is colored like that.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The fact that there is a dark option didn't even cross my mind until I read this. But now that I know, I think I like it better. And as jackslate45 mentioned, colors we've used in the past show up better on the dark background. Plus I find it is difficult to find good visible colors that are different for the white background.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Satin Knights, have you tried [spoiler]enter classified data here[/spoiler]?

looks kike this:
enter classified data here

Satin Knights

First Post
I hadn't known about that one. The old forum cheat sheet of BB codes was out of date with about a quarter the codes not working properly. There had been many times I wanted to use the right justified image, but it wouldn't work properly. Now I know one that will properly blackout on both the light and dark themes.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I've been using dark since I joined EN World about a decade ago (has it really been that long?) and wouldn't have it any other way. I dislike browsing white-background forums such as the Paizo site. I don't know if it is just because it hurts my eyes or what, but I find it a heck of a lot easier to read.

Satin Knights

First Post
If you use Firefox with the Stylish add-on, I can send you a recipe that will change the Paizo site to blue text on a black background. It isn't perfect, but it is sufficient for me when I am visiting there. Facebook, CNN, almost any site can be tweaked with Stylish to use dark backgrounds. I am pretty sure Google's Chrome also can use Stylish recipes to alter web pages on the fly. We have one for the wiki that is linked on the main page. If you want more info, PM me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases