Pathfinder 1E [Archives of Nethys] Complete Redesign, looking for feedback

Karui_Kage

First Post
Hi Enworld!

As some of you know, I run a website called The Archives of Nethys, www.archivesofnethys.com. Similar to other fan SRDs, I wanted to focus specifically on making an easy to navigate website with Paizo-only content. I also wanted to efficiently cover what was allowed or not in the Pathfinder Society.

Originally, this site was coded in HTML, and while I was fairly good at keeping things up to date, it lacked a number of things. It was not always easy to find things as the site grew, it lacked a Bestiary, and any of the RPG books. At the time I justified them as being on the main PRD, but always wanted them accessible on my own site.

So, I decided to revise. I spent a year or so off and on working on the code, completely redesigning the page using C#, ASP.NET, and SQL.

I come here today to announce that, well, I'm not done, but it's extremely close. Here is a laundry list of new improvements:
  • In addition to the Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Module, and Player Companion lines, I've now included the RPG line on the site.
  • Every book in all five lines is now present except for: Half of Ultimate Equipment, GameMastery Guide, NPC Codex, and Bestiary 2-3. These books are being worked through at a much quicker rate, thanks in large part to a new tool I wrote that quickly allows me to convert an item within a PDF and store it in my database.
  • I added very comprehensive Class and Race areas. Looking into a Class now allows easy access to all Archetypes and other mechanics for that class, such as Rage Powers, Schools, Bloodlines, etc. Races include full details on the race along with favored class options, subtypes, and more.
  • A large Deities section has also been added, to quickly find the deity that has all of your favorite domains.
  • A popular request, the Sources section now quickly shows you exactly what I've added from every book, over 200 of them.
  • Custom Searching is available! While only in the Spells section for the moment (Spells Custom Search), this is a feature that will be added to every section of the site once I've finished adding in the remaining books.
  • A full Bestiary has been added! The Monster Index has over 1,000 monsters in it at the moment, with only the second and third Bestiaries remaining. A massive NPC section is also on the horizon, where I will put everything I can grab from the NPC Codex and GameMastery Guide.
  • Once Ultimate Equipment is online, I plan on updating my popular Random Item Generator as a web interface tool. This should help out all of you Kingmaker GMs.
  • Lastly, as before, anything that is legal for use in the Pathfinder Society has been tagged for quick reference.

There is a lot more than I've covered on my site, and I'd love for more people to go check it out! Please let me know here (or email me at asknethys@karuikage.net) if you have any suggestions, criticism, or other feedback.

Thanks, and enjoy!

Remove ads