WotBS WotBS - Adventure 5, Taranesti

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Where are the Taranesti discussed? I don't remember them anywhere (and they're not mentioned in Adventure 3, when the heroes first encounter Taranesti ruins, according to the Adventure 5 text). Is an explanation of who they are not germane to Adventure 5?

What version are you running? 4e or 3e?

The Taranesti were an elf culture that lived in Ycengled (in the northern area of what is now Shahalesti). They were a bit more comfortable with darkness and demon summoning and the like, and the Shahalesti have a big 'light' schtick. Plus Shaaladel was hoping to get his hands on the young dragon Trilla, daughter of Syana. Trilla was integral to the creation of the Torch of the Burning Sky, and Shaaladel wanted his own.

Cue a little war, a little genocide, a bunch of torture, and the near-annihilation of the Taranesti. The party ends up in Ycengled in adventure seven, trying to chase down Rhuarc, the half-Taranesti assassin who killed Coaltongue and took the Torch.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Taranesti are discussed in more detail in a later adventure -- #7, Trial of Echoed Souls.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Running 4e.

I haven't read all of the campaign - I'm going at the pace of the game. If they're discussed in Chapter 7, that's not a problem as long as I don't need to know who they are earlier. It sounds like the party doesn't need to learn any of this by Chapter 5.

Thanks!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No, you're good. They don't need to know anything until then. The little hints are just a bit of foreshadowing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases