Legend Lore Question

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
The legend lore spell says it only affects 'major' magic items. Can anyone tell me what constitutes a 'major' magic item? Is there errata for this anywhere? I could not find it referenced in the latest D&D faq. Thanks for any info on this!

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Two ways to rule this:

1) Eyeball it. This is what I'd recommend: if the item has a cool story in your campaign and would be the stuff of legends, let the spell work on it. OTOH, if it's a +100 chemistry set created for an Emperor's bratling child and sat forgotten in a closet after having been played with for five minutes, the spell won't work.

2) Look at the minor, medium, and major item charts. For each type of magic item, there are three columns, allowing the DM to roll for a minor magic item, a medium magic item, or a major magic item. If it appears on the major magic item list, it's a major magic item.

I don't like this way nearly as much, because you'll end up with legendary potions of clairaudience :D. But if your group is a bunch of rules-lawyers who don't like leaving things to DM judgement, this is the best "bright line" you'll get, I think.

Daniel

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases