Kickstarter The REBUILDING EN WORLD Kickstarter Project

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For 10 pounds, I would buy dice, as a fundraiser.

That's the problem. Custom dice cost twice that just to make (a set of 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 1d12, 1d20), let alone any profit margin on top.

I don't think the numbers are going to work on the dice idea.

MDK

First Post
This is from the Chessex site:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]10-25 dice: $1.00 per side
26-99 dice: $0.75 per side
100-199 dice: $0.60 per side
200-499 dice: $0.50 per side
500-999 dice: $0.42 per side
1000+: please ask for quotes

I always assumed the price was per customised side, but your prices suggest it's per side of the die? That'd be rather expensive for a set
[/FONT]...
NB: this is for a regular d6, strangely enough I can't finde info on polyhedrons though they DO make them. Anyway just rambling here.

MDK

First Post
Oh a different question: I just dug up my wild surges table (and a load of others), and realised that I had started to split it into a load of smaller tables, as Tablesmith/my computer at the time bogged down when I tried to use it, caused by the fact it literally had over 10.000 entries plus subtables.
How about ogre? I wrote those tables like 10 years ago so it's quite possible size is not an issue anymore, then again we are talking about an app, and I have no idea on the limits of that. Should I break things down, or recompile into one big table again? Is anyone even interested in such a table in the first place? :p

CAFRedblade

Explorer
What about putting up a poll to see if there is enough interest in the Dice Option.
Give us the details, and include options for people who already are Kickstarting, and those who are not to show Interest / Indifference. With a You will buy, and you will not buy type options.

MDK

First Post
10,000 entries? Holy crap! That would take you days just to enter into the system.

Well if you can think of a faster way I'm all ears :p
If not, I'll start with a small table (there's one for a random horse trader that's really small, or I could do the Bag o' Beanz which has only 500 or so entries plus subtables if I remeber correctly), and start on the big tables once I get the hang of it. Assuming ogre can handle it of course.

darjr

I crit!
I get that. And I agree with you. It's just I feel a little wee bit guilty being excited about the dice when it could turn out to be a bad idea for the kickstarter.

I wonder if putting up a pledge level limited to 100 people at a high enough amount to make it worth while is possible. Add the caveat that the dice would only happen if all the slots get filled. Then if they do fill up open another one for the next 100 people. Does kickstarter support that?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases