The REBUILDING EN WORLD Kickstarter Project - Page 5
+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by GX.Sigma View Post
    I'm not too interested in T-shirts, but a blue and green EN World d20 would be awesome!
    Working on it! I have a few balls in the air right now, waiting to hear back from people.

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews
    EN World EN5ider13th AgeSupermanCircvs MaximvsENniesPathfinderZEITGEISTDoctor Who

Block Morrus

Friend+

Eternal Optimist SILVER DEFENDER
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 11 Reviews
    D&D Adventurer's LeagueGreyhawkD&DDoctor WhoI Defended The Walls!

Block MerricB

Friend+
    I've pledged. I'm not actually quite sure how much I've pledged... but I think the aussie dollar is strong enough it isn't at the 3:1 ratio (just checked... oh good, about 1.5:1).

Good luck, Morrus - I'm going to be fascinated to see how much this raises!

Cheers!
    Merric Blackman
    Merric's Musings - reviews, session reports, play advice
    The Great List of D&D 5E Adventures

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews

Block Morrus

Friend+
    @MerricB - I do worry that the will discourage folks outside the UK (which is, to be fair, most people). I had no choice in that though - Kickstarter policy is that it has to be in the currency of the creator's location.

I think the stuff at each level is getting a little confusing, so I quickly whipped together this infographic for the 25 PDF reward level. It's a pretty sweet bundle!

Eternal Optimist SILVER DEFENDER
    Orcus on an Off-Day (Lvl 22)

Reviews
    Read 11 Reviews
    D&D Adventurer's LeagueGreyhawkD&DDoctor WhoI Defended The Walls!

Block MerricB

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post
    @MerricB - I do worry that the will discourage folks outside the UK (which is, to be fair, most people). I had no choice in that though - Kickstarter policy is that it has to be in the currency of the creator's location.
    It's probably more of a barrier for those in the US than me, just because I'm faced with US/UK prices whenever I'm looking for interesting games.

Just a note: I *love* the current set-up of the news page. I'm actually checking it on a daily basis again.

Cheers!
    Merric Blackman
    Merric's Musings - reviews, session reports, play advice
    The Great List of D&D 5E Adventures

Pathfinder subscriber COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)

Reviews
    Read 3 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

Block billd91

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by MerricB View Post
    It's probably more of a barrier for those in the US than me, just because I'm faced with US/UK prices whenever I'm looking for interesting games.

Just a note: I *love* the current set-up of the news page. I'm actually checking it on a daily basis again.

Cheers!
    It wasn't much of a barrier. I'm pretty sure Kickstarter gave me an estimate of how much I was pledging in US currency when I filled in my payment info.

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by MerricB View Post

I'm hearing that a lot, and it's very encouraging to hear! What I don't think most people realise is that the forums are only about 10% of our traffic. The news page is the big hitter, where most of the traffic is. That's not to say the forums aren't important - they are, and they're without doubt where the solid core of the community is built. The trick with the news page, of course, is that the effort-reward ratio is so very clear. I spent much of last year trying various automated methods of handling the news, and I learned a lesson: people like it when I do it by hand! And *I* like it when I do it by hand! It's a lot more effort, but much more rewarding.

Frazzled
    Titan (Lvl 27)

Reviews
    Read 24 Reviews

Block Morrus

Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by billd91 View Post
    It wasn't much of a barrier. I'm pretty sure Kickstarter gave me an estimate of how much I was pledging in US currency when I filled in my payment info.
    I was told by a couple of people that that's not so much the barrier - most folks aren't scared of currencies, and it doesn't slow them. The barrier is that the mechanism is different. For US projects, it uses your (very likely) existing Amazon account, and is very quick. For UK based projects, it asks for a bunch of card information instead -- and *that's* not a hurdle, but it can slow people down and make them say "Oh, crap, I'll do it tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by Morrus View Post

I think the stuff at each level is getting a little confusing, so I quickly whipped together this infographic for the 25 PDF reward level. It's a pretty sweet bundle!

...Okay, you've convinced me. I'm bumping up my pledge from the 10 to the 25 level.

This may not be the highest funded RPG related KS, but will it be the highest percentage funded? 1100% is a ridiculous percentage with many days to go, woo hoo!

EDIT: 1400%!
    Last edited by Sqn Cdr Flashheart; Thursday, 17th January, 2013 at 09:01 AM.

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply