Kickstarter The REBUILDING EN WORLD Kickstarter Project

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This may not be the highest funded RPG related KS, but will it be the highest percentage funded? 1100% is a ridiculous percentage with many days to go, woo hoo!

EDIT: 1400%! :p

It's trending as Popular This Week on Kickstarter!

It's not going to rival one of the big Kickstarters (or even many of the smaller ones) because it fails to check that "pre-order a thing" box, which is how many, many people use Kickstarter. That said, with 28 days to go, there are possibly things which could be added. I am still waiting to hear something about the dice (I've asked both Artisan Dice and Q-Workshop); I hope to hear back soon about another cool reward that a large publisher is considering offering.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's a new stretch goal announced -- £6000. This stretch goal is related to O.G.R.E. (the random tables/generator system) and will make it ten times more powerful and useful. Even if you aren't bothered about the additional functionality being added to EN World, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at just how damn useful this system is. I found it hard to appreciate when I first heard of similar ideas, until I started actually using it, and so I find it equally hard to communicate what an incredible resource O.G.R.E. has the potential to be.

Thanee

First Post
I am still waiting to hear something about the dice (I've asked both Artisan Dice and Q-Workshop); I hope to hear back soon about another cool reward that a large publisher is considering offering.

If that doesn't work out, Chessex US also makes custom dice. I have used that service for myself already. Worked really well. :)

Bye
Thanee

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Wow! I think I have Paizo to thank for a boost last night! If any of you get their newsletter, they included the following, very kind words:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Also, while I have your attention, I wanted to let you know about a very worthy Kickstarter that has nothing directly to do with Paizo or Goblinworks. Our friend Morrus, who owns and runs ENWorld, has a Kickstarter running right now to help him rebuild ENWorld. Last month, EN World was attacked by some sophisticated hackers who destroyed much of what Morrus and the gaming community have built over the last decade. Since EN World isn't funded by a large company but rather by Morrus's own pocketbook plus contributions from his community, the economic hill of paying for the restoration of EN World almost brought this RPG gaming website to its knees. But instead of giving in, Morrus is fighting back, and this Kickstarter is a way for those of us who believe in the benefits that EN World brings to our favorite hobby to give a little back. If you can, please help [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Morrus ; every little bit will help him bring ENWorld further from the brink of death."
[/FONT]

Put up a pledge to get the PDFs and the PbP stuff. Speaking of Paizo one think I'd like to see as a stretch goal for the PbP is to have aliases. I really like how on the Paizo forum you can have an alias for each PbP game you are in, though I am not sure how feasible that is with zetaboards.

Remove ads